Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th February 2008, 19:04   #1
springer

MG ZT-T

Unhappy Interior Door Trim ZT-T

I have a problem with the door handle of my 04 ZT-T.It opens fine from the outside but not from the inside.Being adventurous I thought I'd whip off the door trim and have a look,having broken the plastic lugs off of the chrome oval door trims I see it may be best to seek advice before going any further.
Does anybody have any good tips for removing the door trims in 1 piece without creating more trouble?
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 19:19   #2
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I have a problem with the door handle of my 04 ZT-T.It opens fine from the outside but not from the inside.Being adventurous I thought I'd whip off the door trim and have a look,having broken the plastic lugs off of the chrome oval door trims I see it may be best to seek advice before going any further.
Does anybody have any good tips for removing the door trims in 1 piece without creating more trouble?
Release the door trim panel first.

GENTLY tap it upwards from the bottom edge once all the peripheral clips have been pulled out until it pops off the two monster clips in the centre of the door panel (completely hidden at this stage).

This is the awkward bit and has to be done gently enough so you can control the upward movement of the trim panel and also strongly enough so the centre clips release.

Then you can ease the panel away from the door slightly and look down the back of it to see exactly how to slide the interior door handle assembly to manoeuvre it out of the trim panel without damage. The chrome bezel is an integral part of the handle.

Last edited by Raistlin; 13th February 2008 at 11:30..
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 09:11   #3
MGOracle
Banned

MG ZT CDTi 135+

You dont touch the chrome surround of the handle. Just undo the screw behind it.

The chrome finisher is a red herring.
MGOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 12:19   #4
springer

MG ZT-T

Default All sorted now

Thanks for the tips,all re-connected now and working fine.I had to re-attach the cable at the catch end, it would have been impossible without a bit of mirror and some blue tac.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote