Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th December 2020, 10:35   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Parcel deliveries entering the EU and Northern Ireland a guide to help members

I’ve been looking at the rules on parcels entering the EU and Northern Ireland and compiled a guide below hopefully will help people understand there are various rules and changes taking place I’ve listed them below as a brief guide to help members understand the process, I thought it would be especially helpful for members in Northern Ireland and members overseas.

1 How will brexit affect booking a parcel delivery

If you are sending goods to the EU, you will be required to complete a ‘Customs Details’ form before finalising your booking. The information provided in the form will be used to generate your Commercial Invoice.
Once booked, you will need to attach your Commercial invoice to your order. This will be provided by your courier along with your labels.
You will now also have to include HS Code information. To help users, suggested HS codes will appear on-screen automatically. These suggestions will be based on the description of the goods you entered.
Alternatively, you can manually search for the correct HS code within the booking process

2 How will VAT be affected by brexit

Prior to January 1st 2021, Customers sending parcels to EU from the UK would need to pay 20% VAT on all transactions.
From January 1st 2021, Customers will no longer be required to pay VAT on their transactions for parcels going to the EU.
The new rules also apply from parcels being shipped from the EU to the UK.

3 What do I need to know about trade tariff codes, such as HS/commodity codes

Tariff codes, such as the Harmonised System (HS), are used in international trade to identify goods.
From December 22nd, HS codes will be required for all parcels being shipped to the EU from the UK.
This change will require customers to complete an additional, straightforward step in the order process.

3 Will the rules regarding custom clearance be changing after the 1st of January 2021

Yes. Goods now passing from the UK to the EU (and vice versa) will be treated as imports and exports.
As such, specific documentation will need to be provided alongside goods to clear custom borders.
These documents will be provided by the courier

4 Will there be additional taxes and duties to pay

Yes. Goods entering the UK will be charged Import VAT and Import Duty.
Goods leaving the UK for the EU will be charged Import Duty & Import VAT at EU-set rates.
The recipient will be liable for these.

5 Will parcel deliveries be delayed at customs borders

In the early days, post January 1st 2021, it is highly likely that there will be long delays at all UK ports, as both sides adjust to the paperwork requirements.

6 how will Brexit affect sending a parcel from mainland UK to Northern Ireland

From January 1st 2021, customers sending parcels to Northern Ireland from Mainland UK will still be required to pay 20% VAT on all transactions.
Goods passing from Mainland UK to Northern Ireland will be treated as exports and will be liable for duties and taxes. The recipient will be liable for paying these.
Specific documentation will need to be provided to clear customs borders, which will be provided by the courier.
Tariff Codes such as Harmonised System (HS) or Commodity Codes will be required to help custom officials identify goods when going over the border. Within the ordering process you will now need to complete an additional straightforward step.

7 Will sending parcels from Northern Ireland to mainland UK be affected by Brexit
The simple answer is No

I hope this helps some people out.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 10:56   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

thank you Mick. Does your guide apply to trade or personal such as sending a present
or having sold something via ebay?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 12:34   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool On Hold

I have been told by the Post Office this morning that ALL European countries are refusing to accept parcels/packages from the UK at the moment. Which means I have 6 Calendars on hold till further notice. (5 to Holland and 1 to France).

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 12:46   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
thank you Mick. Does your guide apply to trade or personal such as sending a present

macafee2
I may be wrong on this, but from what I have read it may depend on the cost and/or value of the product, along with the potential ability to purchase the product at a local supplier (to the receiver) - the .gov website regarding tariff codes used to have a full explanation on this.

If sending abroad, you should make a note on the paperwork that states 'gift'. Even doing this is not a guarantee, and the receiver may still have to pay tax, and import duty (along with the tax applied to it). This is how it was with Norway previously (and still) which was a Schengen country.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 14:15   #5
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
It applies to both mate, anybody who states gift on a item that they are sending abroad, will not be able to insure it for a value of more than a set amount often a very low amount,
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 29th December 2020, 14:42   #6
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I have been told by the Post Office this morning that ALL European countries are refusing to accept parcels/packages from the UK at the moment. Which means I have 6 Calendars on hold till further notice. (5 to Holland and 1 to France).
Yes mate, my contact at Royal Mail said “it’s due to the late announcement from Boris at Christmas that has caused the admin issue as other European countries have to now get there paperwork in order”.

Mick

[/SIZE]
Old 29th December 2020, 15:22   #7
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Thanks Mick, Very helpful.👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 16:39   #8
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Yes, very helpful guide for the additional red tape now required.
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 17:16   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

We are selling a lot of stuff on ebay, all for corners of the world. I have made my wife aware of this and she has started with customs forms

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 21:40   #10
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I've deleted a couple of Brexit posts. I was going to close the thread but the initial post by the OP has useful information in it, and genuine questions are being asked. Please can we keep this thread on topic, namely about processes and costs for those sending or receiving goods from outside Great Britain
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote