Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd March 2021, 18:13   #1
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Default Attention automatic owners

Ex Rover owner friend has 8 litres of ATF N402 purchased from Rimmers, he is looking for £50 preferably collect or meet, anyone interested PM me to arrange.
I am merely the middle man making nothing from this btw. At push I may be able to sort postage but hopefully a member not to far will want this.

Last edited by Lee T; 23rd March 2021 at 18:59..
Lee T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:24   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

You mean N402 spec. I think Lee.

Simon
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:56   #3
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Probably Simon, I simply copied from the text I was sent. Tom the seller is 73 and prone to the odd fumble and I drive a manual Thanks for the correction.
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:19   #4
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Lee, if no one else comes to collect, and if sending by post to Northern Ireland was doable, I’d take up the offer. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 18:22   #5
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

ATF now sold.
Old 26th March 2021, 19:45   #6
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Due to the sc#mbag EU and their futile attempt to steal part of our Country, I was unable to send the ATF to our friend in N/I 75Driver. Hence it is still available to mainland members only. Postage can be arranged if required, or I will happily meet up at a reasonable distance. Lee.
Old 26th March 2021, 21:29   #7
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
Due to the sc#mbag EU and their futile attempt to steal part of our Country, I was unable to send the ATF to our friend in N/I 75Driver. Hence it is still available to mainland members only. Postage can be arranged if required, or I will happily meet up at a reasonable distance. Lee.

Couple of points re this post:

- If, by saying: "the sc#mbag EU and their futile attempt to steal part of our Country", you are referring to Northern Ireland, some might well revert by saying: "What goes around, comes around". There is a long and grievous history on this island.

- Brexit was democratically endorsed by the British people, not by any external forces. If, in the zeal of chasing down the perceived benefits, the practical difficulties in actually executing the process were ill-considered (or overlooked) by those in power, this is hardly the fault of our EU neighbours

I'm loath to getting involved in any political discussions via an online car forum, as such discussions can quickly descend into trash-talking and abuse - when we're really just here in our shared enjoyment of these cars.

However, I feel compelled in this case to offer my own, differing point of view, for some balance, if nothing else.

If I have misinterpreted your quoted post in any way, I sincerely apologise. And the mods are welcome to delete or move this/these posts, as deemed appropriate.

By the way, I appreciate your willingness to help out fellow members via your original post ; and it's a pity (though hardly surprising) that whatever arrangements agreed at government level seemingly can't accommodate such a comparatively simple transaction.

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2021, 22:09   #8
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I appreciate your points and respect your opinion entirely, but let's be honest the EU is a protectionist block that is now bordering on communism by taking control of vaccine production and supply, they have made multiple attempts to delay and stop Brexit and in doing so subvert the will of the British people. They have not acted in good faith, have forced millions of Europeans into poverty and are now making threats over covid vaccine supply to the UK. They are clearly hell bent on destroying national sovereignty with 1 anthem 1 army and destroying nation states. There were very good reasons we chose to leave and once again the British people are leading the way , and others will undoubtedly follow and ultimately the EU will collapse leaving the good people under their tyrannical rule to choose their own future and have leaders they can elect and remove, as it should be. As for the island of Ireland, it is an historically complicated situation that I make no claim to understand entirely, but I believe the people of Northern Ireland have chosen to remain a part of the UK in a democratic manner and as such any attempt to seperate them from the mainland, even in a minor way such as I experienced in being unable to transport ATF is an affront to our union and the ties to our Irish brothers, Just my opinion but the sooner the EU is no more the better.
Thank you for your post. Lee.
Old 26th March 2021, 22:28   #9
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Non political

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
... I was unable to send the ATF to our friend in N/I 75Driver.
Hi Lee,

Did you try a parcel by Royal Mail? I've used them to Northern Ireland recently with no special conditions attached.

Simon
Old 26th March 2021, 22:35   #10
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi Lee,

Did you try a parcel by Royal Mail? I've used them to Northern Ireland recently with no special conditions attached.

Simon
Royal Mail are obliged to deliver here, except for hazardous materials, particularly liquids (Parcel Force would be the Royal Mail service provider for this, and cost then would be an issue). Recently I had modelling aerosol paints delivered, Royal Mail do not deliver these, so had to opt for the more expensive courier option of DHL.

But for ATF delivered free to Northern Ireland try Smith and Allan N402 via eBay.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote