Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd April 2021, 15:40   #21
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Its rife everywhere, maybe as people arent in work... they are untouchable it seems, police aren't interested....

We have CCV and security lights but I bet it wont stop them.

Thing is, where do they dispose of them as scrap merchants aren't supposed to take stuff in without paperwork etc

maybe they are all going "abroad"

Amazes me they can angle grind one off without anyone noticing?
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2021, 16:53   #22
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

A few years ago, as I passed a house in my area, I heard glass break, house lights came on, and I saw a youth turning out the drawers in the living room.
As it was dark, through the net curtains I could see him, he couldn't see me.
I rang the Police and waited till they arrived, and pointed out the youth in the house.
They nabbed him, but he didn't go quietly, kicking out the side window of the police car, and at one time wearing the bobbys cap.
Once he had been carted off, I continued my way to the pub. Not a hint of thanks from the cops for reporting and staying while they nabbed him.
As it turned out, the burglar was a youth from Tyneside known as " The Ratboy",seems he was in some hostel or something quite near the scene.
Job done.
Next evenings local paper ran the story " Hero Cops Nab Ratboy".
I ask you, all the credit to the cops who would never have been near the place.
Ah well, life ain't fair .
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:54   #23
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Years ago I got a letter of thanks from the Police. Just along the road was a land reclamation area using ash from a nearby power station. There was a compound where interconnecting aluminium pipes for water (dust suppression) were stored, huge things, 8-10" wide and 30-40' long. I was woken in the middle of a very still night by the sound of sawing, some local intellectuals were trying to saw the pipes into manageable lengths! Real geniuses, you can imagine how the sound of sawing the huge aluminium pipe reverberated around the area. Called the Police and they got them red handed.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:54   #24
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes.

I was in Morrisons supermarket in December 2005 here in Wigan when a call went out for security to attend the petrol station, I turned to madam and said to her "it's being robbed". The call went out for everyone to exit the store and leave everything as it was, we went out and in the petrol station there was vehicle on fire, the security guard was there on his own with a fire extinguisher and not knowing what to do with it. I ran over and saw that it was a Landrover 90 and well ablaze, there was a Securicor Transit in front of the kiosk with the staff sat tight in it with a blazing vehicle 20 feet away. The engine in the Landrover was still running and I knew as long as that was the case we had a chance, I took the fire extinguisher from the guard and started towards the fire, it took six of them but the fire was out after the last one was used, the fire brigade then came on the scene after the fire was out. The local paper gave them the credit and left out the real hero, the security guard, he'd gone alone to face something and got nothing for his efforts. I went to the paper and told them the story of what really happened, I also told them to not mention me and to give all credit to the guard, it was the correct thing to do. The paper ran the correction the week after and the guard got the credit for his brave actions alone.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2021, 19:35   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
A few years ago, as I passed a house in my area, I heard glass break, house lights came on, and I saw a youth turning out the drawers in the living room.
As it was dark, through the net curtains I could see him, he couldn't see me.
I rang the Police and waited till they arrived, and pointed out the youth in the house.
They nabbed him, but he didn't go quietly, kicking out the side window of the police car, and at one time wearing the bobbys cap.
Once he had been carted off, I continued my way to the pub. Not a hint of thanks from the cops for reporting and staying while they nabbed him.
As it turned out, the burglar was a youth from Tyneside known as " The Ratboy",seems he was in some hostel or something quite near the scene.
Job done.
Next evenings local paper ran the story " Hero Cops Nab Ratboy".
I ask you, all the credit to the cops who would never have been near the place.
Ah well, life ain't fair .

Ahh the infamous ratboy, he was very prolific back in the 90's when I lived in the North East, he used to live in between the walls in the 'Byker Wall' A large block of flats.
Old 6th April 2021, 15:25   #26
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Ahh the infamous ratboy, he was very prolific back in the 90's when I lived in the North East, he used to live in between the walls in the 'Byker Wall' A large block of flats.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...glary-14240457

Seems he is still at it!
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2021, 22:48   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
I continued my way to the pub.
Well, hopefully all was not in vain. Hic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I took the fire extinguisher from the guard and started towards the fire, it took six of them.
What type of EXS were they? If of the right type my training was to activate one, lift bonnet and throw it in and close bonnet and step aside.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote