Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th September 2020, 15:46   #1
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Default Billy Morris under the floorboards

I'm doing some work at home and was messing under the floorboards when I discover a few old album cards, among them was this guy.

Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2020, 16:29   #2
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

At 6d, that’s going back a bit.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2020, 17:15   #3
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I wish I could say I don't remember the money, but sadly ... half a crown a week pocket money if I behaved
Old 28th September 2020, 20:50   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I wish I could say I don't remember the money, but sadly ... half a crown a week pocket money if I behaved
Snap-------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2020, 21:53   #5
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

As a young lad I dug a pool for a local lady as requested by my Mum. I was given a nice new ten shilling note for my effort. I seem to remember it was a brown? Felt like I'd won the lottery! My mother, dear of her, insisted I should return the cash. Fortunately for me the lady insisted I kept my earnings and all was resolved to mutual satisfaction. Funny I remember that but can't seem to find my glasses.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 10:27   #6
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
As a young lad I dug a pool for a local lady as requested by my Mum. I was given a nice new ten shilling note for my effort. I seem to remember it was a brown? Felt like I'd won the lottery! My mother, dear of her, insisted I should return the cash. Fortunately for me the lady insisted I kept my earnings and all was resolved to mutual satisfaction. Funny I remember that but can't seem to find my glasses.
I once had a ten bob note for Christmas the one year, I felt like a king. My glasses are usually on my head but I never think to look there
Old 29th September 2020, 10:35   #7
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I remember getting a £1 premium bond for a birthday, never did win anything on it though!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 11:09   #8
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Lord Nuffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I'm doing some work at home and was messing under the floorboards when I discover a few old album cards, among them was this guy.

That set (Famous People) was issued by Brook Bonds in 1969 (ever so slightly Empire/Commonwealth biased) take a look at this lot - and why not (but I guess BLM twonks would like to have it expunged from history)

Lord Shaftsbury, Sir Edwin Landseer, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Charles Robert Darwin, William Ewart Gladstone, Benjamin Disraeli, Charles Dickens, David Livingstone, Lord Lister, William Booth, Lewis Carroll, General Charles George Gordon, Sir William Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan aka Gilbert and Sullivan, Thomas John Barnado, W.G. Grace, Robert Louis Stevenson, Cecil Rhodes, George Bernard Shaw, James Keir Hardie, Lord Baden-Powell, Sir Edward Elgar, Mrs. Emmeline Pankhurst, David Lloyd George, Edith Cavell, Herbert George Wells, Robert Falcon Scott, Sir Harry Lauder, Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Sir Winston Churchill, Lord Nuffield, Augustus John, Sir Thomas Beecham, Sir Alexander Fleming, Baron Birkett of Ulverston, Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein, John Logie Baird, TE Lawrence aka Lawrence of Arabia, Charlie Chaplin aka Charles Spencer Chaplin, Admiral of the Fleet The Earl Mountbattern of Burma, Sir Francis Chister, Amy Johnson, Sir Laurence Olivier, Sir Frank Whittle, Dame Alicia Markova, Kathleen Ferrier, Benjamin Britten, Sir Stanley Matthews, Sir Alfred Ramsey, Pat Smythe & Roger Gilbert Bannister

and the album that could be bought off 'your Grocer' at 6d would cost around 45p today.
Just spotted on the list Sir Francis who? - bit of a typo.....and the complete album with full set of cards can be had for about £4 plus postage - what price history!

Last edited by rab60bit; 29th September 2020 at 11:11..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote