Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th April 2021, 17:08   #1
stevehotshot
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE tourer

Default Erisin

Hi, quick summary.. I fitted Erisin double din head unit, had the rear wiper problem, pulled unit forward to swap "live" and "switched live" over.. Seemed to work! I then thought, might as well sort SWC whilst in, on SWC setup window, 1st flashing green light turned solid green before I'd assigned a button, when assigning 2nd button, first light returned back to red. Had spark from rear of unit, I think temporary earth wire shorted somewhere, fuses 11&22 are OK so is fuse on back of Erisin... But no life... Have I blown unit? Is there a reset button thru small hole in fascia??...... Thanks men, (and women)... D'oh!
stevehotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2021, 18:57   #2
stevehotshot
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE tourer

Default DDin related starter problem?

Hi, a development of above post.. i left unit in car, not working for months...then, one day i came out of work and car wouldn't turn over..ignition lights were on and pump was whirring..turned key..nothing..tried several times and then inadvertently caught wiper switch...wipers swept couple of times and car started on next attempt....carried on for months fine, with occasional wiper primed start sequence...(sometimes rear wiper)...however eventually this wasn't required and car started normally...until this week, wife took car to shop and had similar start problem, eventually it started and then i told her about the wiper "thang".....Today i tried to start car and it wouldn't turn, i did wiper routine several times but to no avail....
i'd recently taken DD unit in to ICE place in Shrewsbury and the guy connected it up to his test bed and everything worked as should,..revealing my "lost" Pink Floyd Division Bell CD's whereabouts...2 minutes..£6.. thank you very much..Unit is connected to my car but as yet i haven't finalised the rewiring to make it work..any ideas to the connection, if any, between DD, wipers and starter system..before i buy a starter...thanks...
stevehotshot is offline   Reply With Quote