Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th August 2019, 06:47   #401
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Take it easy Bob.

You can get anti-slip paint which can be used on wood, concrete and metal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...sPageName=GSTL
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 07:18   #402
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
Won’t that ruin his shoes?

You let the paint dry, before you step on it

The used to do that on painted boat decks.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 15:08   #403
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Armed with a electric drill...................

............................................ and plugged in with the ON switch pushed I was away. Decided it was about time that I started to get a few phot’s/pictures up on the walls. Got a tad bit carried away but so far we have 40 framed photo’s/pictures and three clocks up on the various walls.

All our framed wedding photo’s are up in the bedroom along with some other photo’s of Val. Plus a photo of my late Dad in his Army uniform.
In the two other bedrooms various other car photo’s have gone up. Some have not seen the light of day since around about 2009. The smaller of the two bedrooms also houses the bulk of my model car collection in various cabinets.

Plus in the two spare bedrooms on the deep window ledges are the framed certificates that Banana has earned over the years. Plus two certificates belong to the Bear. There is a framed picture of Redfive as well.
I still have some aircraft paintings to go up but they will need to be framed first.

Downstairs in the lounge I have put up a collage of photo’s in a frame showing VE Day party in Barkingside plus other pictures of family through the years. Above the picture I have put my “retired” clock. A present from Matt n Shirley, when I first moved down from last year.
In the kitchen I have put a photo of my Val working in a kitchen somewhere. We was having a meal in a restaurant when the chef was taken I’ll with a heart attack. So the restaurant owners asked Val to take over in the kitchen, she said she would but her skivy had to help, so I was brought in to the hallowed ground of the chef’s domain.

Also in the kitchen I have put up our 10th Anniversary bottle clock. On the stairs I have put up our coat of arms along with a short history of my surname, plus Val’s family surname.
Also up on the stairs is a very unusual picture of a Flying Banana.
Quite pleased with what I have done. Feels more like home each day.

Splashed out and finally got round to buying some decent mats for the Bear along with a rubber load mat for the boot. Spent a few more Bob and bought a Gtech cordless hedge trimmer, so no more trimming the cable. That should keep me safer. Ha! Ha!
I advertised a few bits on the Facebook market place. A chap answered the advert and came round to see what I was offering. He explained he was a dealer looking out for unusual bits and pieces. Took him into the garage to show him everything else that needed a new home.

He left with 3 large plastic boxes, and I pocketed £200. Lovely stuff.
Off to Athelhampton House tomorrow with Banana for the MGOC Show. Been a few times in the past. Dallas posted it up so I thought why not show ole Yella off.
Monday see’s us starting a Mini tour of the UK. Will post the details up about that later.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 20:20   #404
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Off to Athelhampton House tomorrow with Banana for the MGOC Show. Been a few times in the past. Dallas posted it up so I thought why not show ole Yella off.
Monday see’s us starting a Mini tour of the UK. Will post the details up about that later.

It was good to see you and Banana today Bob, first time I've seen Banana since her respray, and WOW! absolutely stunning.

Enjoy yourselves on your mini tour, we look forward to the pics as always...

Look at Banana glow.

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:44   #405
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Who in their right mind.....................

............................... Would nick a dustbin of garden rubbish out the back of my ZTT. Well, that’s what I found had happened today at the local rubbish tip. Having done quite a lot of gardening done yesterday, cut the grass, weeded, trimmed the hedge and cut the flowers back at the front of the house.

Had a parcel delivered this morning, so I ended up with a very large cardboard box plus all the old newspapers used in the packing to get rid of. So with the bin full of garden rubbish off to the tip we went. Since selling Redfive, the Bear has now become my workhorse, not only that the bin fits in the back of the Bear better than Banana.

So I pulled up at the tip and opened the tailgate, got rid of the packing from the box. Came back and got the box, which I had flat packed. When I got back to the Bear my bin was missing. You know that feeling when you start to doubt yourself, i’m Sure I put it in the car. Just then one of the tip workers came back with my empty bin. “Thought I would help you, but I will need to look under the bonnet of the car as I have heard about these V8’s but never seen one”.

So with the empty bin stowed, the bonnet was opened. In a flash we had a few admirers. A few questions about the car like, “Who done the conversion?” Or “WTF is that square thing on the top?” And, “Wow! I’ve heard this going around Saltash.”
I thanked the worker at the tip for emptying the bin.
Popped into B & M’s to get a couple of light bulbs for my outside light at home.
Then I went shopping at Morrison’s in Liskeard. Gives the Bear a run. Not much to get just a few essentials, bread, wine and gin.

Home and unloaded the shopping. Swept out the Bear and washed out the bin. Shopping away.
Then I set about sorting out my outside light at the front. Took a bit of figuring out how the top/shade/cover came off. Then I realised that it unscrewed. Just needed a new bulb, pleased with myself that I had sorted it out. Next light to be looked at is the security light in the back garden.
Another lighting job done is me putting a LED strip light in the garage.

When Sold Redfive I sent the V5 off to the DVLA. In return they sent me a rebate on the road tax, £81.46. Also ERNIE sent me a cheque for £25. So last Tuesday I caught the bus into Plymouth and went to the bank to pay the cheques in. Lovely cashier sorted it all out for me.

Got the blind man coming tomorrow morning, no he can see, well I hope he can. Going to have some blinds put up on 6 of my windows, just need that extra bit of privacy.
Then hopefully I can get up to Matt’s as Banana needs two new key fobs and a quick T4 check. The outside temperature sensor is playing up, it goes from -30 to +25. Just goes back and forwards, just annoying.

The Bear has now had a thorough clean inside and out plus a polish. Banana only needs a hosing down. So both cars are nice and clean again.

So that’s the progress I’ve made. Been here 10 weeks now, so no going back to the old house and DEFINITELY not going back to Essex.

Thanks for reading.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 23rd August 2019 at 06:17.. Reason: Spellin’
Old 25th August 2019, 20:52   #406
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Expensive breakfast......................

............................................ only cost £259.

Actually my breakfast did not cost me anything, it was paid for by Ross, (Cengar on here), it was his way of saying thank you for me collecting a set of wheels from Matt Darke and delivering them to Ross at Trevaskis Farm. Only doing my bit via the Pony Express.

Today’s breakfast meet was a great success, my first attempt at putting a meet like this together since moving to Cornwall. 11 cars including a Ford Focus and a Streetwise. After the meal 5 cars went to Par market near St.Austell. Another 5 cars went up to the top of Kit Hill to look at the view. The 11th car went home.

Banana led Oily, Leafy, Grovey and Speedy Boy to Par market via the scenic route. We had a wander around the market but no as good as it was this time last year. We discovered a stall selling a Rustic Furniture plus lamp standards and small tables. Well, I fell in love with a certain lamp with a matching shade. We saw that the furniture shop had a store out on the main road.
A visit me thinks.
Ross and Anita left us at this stage as they had a fair journey home. That left us 4 to go and look in the store.

Hence me parting with my debit card. Bought a cracking lamp, in natural wood and a matching table. Once paid for Allen very kindly carried the lamp out to Banana, John carried the table, Nina carried the lamp shade and I carried the light bulb with the receipt.
Then the decision was made that next cup of tea would be back at my place. Nina was the only one that had not seen the new home.
So with Leafy leading Bana, Grovey and Speedy Boy we returned to home.

Parking was tight but we all found somewhere to park. Banana was outside the garage.
John wanted to see the model car collection so whilst I showed him, Allen and Nina made the tea. Once made I then showed Nina around the house.
The lamp and table had now made into the house and is sited between the 2 sets of patio doors.

We sat and chatted till it was time for my guests to make there way home. With a hug from the women and a shake of a hand from men they was gone.
Now it’s dark outside and my new lamp is on. Love it.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 25th August 2019, 21:02   #407
Dallas
This is my second home

Sounds like you all had a great day Bob.

You will have to post up a pic of the lamp, me wanna see as it sounds really nice.
Old 25th August 2019, 21:05   #408
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Sounds like you all had a great day Bob.

You will have to post up a pic of the lamp, me wanna see as it sounds really nice.
I’ll do it tomorrow Wes, tired now.

onen hag oll
Old 25th August 2019, 21:29   #409
Dallas
This is my second home

No problem Bob.
Old 28th August 2019, 07:23   #410
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Time just flies past.......................

............................................... well, not really. Time stays still it’s just us getting older that time seems to move past at an alarming rate.

26 years ago today I stood before the registrar in Queen Victoria House in Barkingside Essex and said “I do” to my Val. Thank goodness she said “I do” as well. Not a day goes by that I do not forget that day. Made me the happiest man alive. Well things have changed now, Val took the hands of the Angels just over 9 years ago. As they life goes on.

Now in my new home I sit and ponder about the what if’s. But what has happened has made me stronger. And moving on as been slow, painfully slow. But today is the first day of my new life.

Yesterday I discovered a new garden centre, well Allen told me where it was. Tartan Down is the name of the centre, so down this narrow lane and into the garden centre. Not a commercial site but a privately run garden centre. All the plants are under huge poly tunnels. Spoke to a very nice man, the owner it turned out, about hanging baskets. Needed two to start with. He explained that it was the end of the season for the summer ones and advised me to come back in 6 weeks for the autumn ones would be ready.

I have taken down part of the trellis work around one of the lounge windows. The previous house owner had built his own trellis and had hung it on 4 brackets that sit about 8 inches from the wall. So that’s why I wanted the hanging baskets. I have kept the lower part of the trellis in place as I have a pretty Chinese Lantern plant growing there.
After leaving the garden centre I went to Callington via the narrow country lanes. Only met 3 cars on the way. Needed some shopping and there is a nice Tesco’s in Callington.

Collected from Debbie yesterday the last of the broken tiles and some hardcore, this ready to go into the greenhouse once the triffid dies off, sorry courgette plant expires. Then went round to Allen’s as he had a huge bag of slate for me to have, again to fill in the holes in the greenhouse. Allen was welding up the ballast plates for his boat he is rebuilding.
Tea? Said Val. Oh! Go on then. And Debbie must have heard the kettle whistling as she popped in on her way to the tip.

We sat and chatted before Debbie and Val left, going to the tip and collecting some gas from Screwfix for Allen to use. I also left Allen to finish off his welding.
Parked the Bear up outside the garage and unloaded the slate, had to half empty the bag before I could lift it.
Then got the Dyson vacuum cleaner and gave the Bear’s boot a clean.
Parked her back up in her parking space and went indoors to make some tea.

Then it was time to prepare dinner. Sausages, mash and corn on the cob. Makes a change to have corn instead of cabbage.

onen hag oll