Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2019, 09:53   #11
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicochapman View Post
Did you download the "SRS Tool" from the Toaf site?
I've got it but as my airbag ECU isn't talking to me at the moment, I don't know how helpful this tool might be.
Malc
It is included in the download, but I didn't need it. When I clicked the SRS button in the menu, it retrieved the errors succesfully. So I'm afraid I can't really say anything useful about the SRS tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Sorry for being exact but you say connector not plural, is this the tensioner connector you've checked?

Don't think you need the separate SRS app as that's for cars with the later Autoliv system, and your car is a 2000.

I believe that the Toaf programme does contain some errors, but on the other hand so does the T4 programme, Rave, Haynes etc. One thing is certain, noticed how many posts we don't see from Poland, think things run pretty smoothly over there and we're missing out on a lot, like the announced Android app.

Regards
You're right to be exact, error due to bad translation happen all the time. I have replaced both connectors under the seat. The one for the tensioner and the one for the airbag. I only replaced the ones under the seat, mainly because I have no clue if there are other connectors out of sight...? Is there another connector inside the pre-tensioner system? That part is pretty much hidden by the seat itself, so I can't really see. Both connectors under the seat (driver and passenger) show 0 ohm resistence with a universal multimeter.

I did notice the description for several options in the TOAF program is very badly translated. So sometimes you need to read it 5 times before you get what it says haha. Not sure if it also works properly, because I don't feel comfortable changing the settings. If I do something wrong, I end up with a useless car.
Old 14th October 2019, 12:01   #12
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Don’t think there are any more connectors than the one going to the tensioner under each seat. Just as an experiment I measured a spare tensioner I’ve got and on the lowest scale of 200 ohms I got a reading of 4 ohms - don’t know enough about electricity to understand really but I would expect some resistance in any circuit. Do you have the SRS warning on? If not and Brian has checked things then I wouldn’t worry.

Yes, there are translation errors in Toaf, but as the alternative is trying to understand Polish I’m grateful for the effort. And while I believe there is an auto back-up function, I always save before changing anything especially when trying to help other local members. Perhaps it would be a good idea to just use Toaf in read only mode until you are more comfortable with it, try a few simple things like checking the fan speeds.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 10:34   #13
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Thanks. I have indeed been using it just to "look inside" the computer. Not changing anything and not using any options. Just having a bit of a look to see if there might be something that is worth looking into every now and then.

I'll have another look at the connector. Last time I took the wires out, measured the resistance of the connector and then soldered the wires back in. Didn't change anything. I guess I'll have to look into it for the fourth time .