Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st December 2012, 22:13   #31
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Last shots from 2012,some seasonal shots taken a couple of years ago,around the local area;

The first 3 shots are;Snow covered Maryport Harbour [Cumbria]scenes.

The 4th shot is a snowy sunset scene,taken between Workington & Maryport.

The next 2 shots are of a snow covered Workington Harbour scene.

The last 3 shots,further inland,were taken overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake towards Skiddaw.

Last but by no-means least may I take this opportunity to wish you all,good health,prosperity & a very happy New Year,keep up the good work,[HAPPY SNAPPING]
~original

VERY BEST WISHES.

JOHN.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:36..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 22:47   #32
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

John always a pleasure looking at your pictures and again always a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife.

all the best in the new year and look forward to seeing you and the good lady again.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:18   #33
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
John always a pleasure looking at your pictures and again always a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife.

all the best in the new year and look forward to seeing you and the good lady again.
Many thanks Thomas,Jan & I would like to wish you & your family the very best of wishes for a very happy,healthy & prosperous New Year,we look forward to seeing you all again,all the best Mate.

Best Wishes.

John & Jan.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:45   #34
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Lovely pics, I do hope we get some snow, but only if I'm at home by the fire with my feet up

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 19:14   #35
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Lovely pics, I do hope we get some snow, but only if I'm at home by the fire with my feet up
Many thanks Phil,totally agree with you,looks great in pics,but don't really like being out & about in it myself,hope you had a good Christmas & all the very best for 2013.

Best Wishes.

John.
Old 6th January 2013, 13:05   #36
grandy
Passed Away

rover 75 2ltr auto PETROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Hi Gary,

My sincere apologies for my late reply to your kind words,many thanks for your very nice words,very much appreciated,makes taking photos all the more worthwhile when you receive nice comments,again many thanks.

Kind Regards.

John.
hi John, i think i should have asked you this question first what camera do you use? i know what sort of money you can go up to regarding price, but am afraid can only afford a bridge seeing that canon have just brought out the first 50 times zoom in the SX50 HS have gone for that one at £400 will post pics as soon as i can see how i get on,best regards to you and family. GARY.
grandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 08:00   #37
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandy View Post
hi John, i think i should have asked you this question first what camera do you use? i know what sort of money you can go up to regarding price, but am afraid can only afford a bridge seeing that canon have just brought out the first 50 times zoom in the SX50 HS have gone for that one at £400 will post pics as soon as i can see how i get on,best regards to you and family. GARY.
Hi John, Hi Gary,

Forgive me for jumping in here. Gary, I would be very interested to know how you get on with the SX50 HS. Last January, I bought the SX40 HS and on the whole I have been quite happy with it as it means I do not have to carry round with me lots of lenses and I do not have to worry about image stability. What I did not like about the camera was that I found it almost impossible to track a moving subject at speed as in a bird of prey and its claim to be able to take night shots in low light was not perfectly true. No remote control either. I wonder if the SX50 HS has been able to improve on these deficits?

Here are a few photos I took recently. Two are evening shots with the sun behind me and with the light constantly changing on the P setting - views from the house on the Helderberg Mountain ZA looking towards Sir Lowry Pass and the vineyards early December. The other photo is one of a young Cheetah I took yesterday whilst I was on a walking safari outskirts of Nairobi. Using the high powered zoom was easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg View from the house to Sir.jpg (92.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Sunset toward Laurensford and Vergelegen.JPG (98.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg A young Cheetah looks Kenya 06.01.13.jpg (71.6 KB, 12 views)
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 08:05   #38
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

What a view Phil. I am envious.

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 08:24   #39
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

John,

I continue to enjoy looking at your photos of the countryside and sea views in winter - the blues and ghosting of the snow and frost add to the chilly atmosphere Brrrr. I can imagine that you spent several hours taking and editing them. I am still awaiting to hear about the techniques and skills you have been able to use in putting these together. I am only teasing I still use the Nikon sometimes and also the Canon Bridge camera. I am back in the UK in early March and again in July for the summer and it would be great to meet up to see Blue and Silver as well as to have a chat
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 10:31   #40
grandy
Passed Away

rover 75 2ltr auto PETROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi John, Hi Gary,

Forgive me for jumping in here. Gary, I would be very interested to know how you get on with the SX50 HS. Last January, I bought the SX40 HS and on the whole I have been quite happy with it as it means I do not have to carry round with me lots of lenses and I do not have to worry about image stability. What I did not like about the camera was that I found it almost impossible to track a moving subject at speed as in a bird of prey and its claim to be able to take night shots in low light was not perfectly true. No remote control either. I wonder if the SX50 HS has been able to improve on these deficits?

Here are a few photos I took recently. Two are evening shots with the sun behind me and with the light constantly changing on the P setting - views from the house on the Helderberg Mountain ZA looking towards Sir Lowry Pass and the vineyards early December. The other photo is one of a young Cheetah I took yesterday whilst I was on a walking safari outskirts of Nairobi. Using the high powered zoom was easy.
hi Phil,you are more than welcome post to me on the subject CANON SX50 HS got to give it a try must save you carting lenses or having to change them in a hurry,i have seen the tutorial on [you tube] look amazing zoom.would we not love to take such photoes such as you and your subject matter must be endless Nairobi you lucky man, look forward to talking to you again Phil soon i will take a photo of my cat he can be quite wild. all the best for now GARY, PS thank you for posting to me appreciate it.pps must comment on your remark re not able to track a moving subject ,i found that if you dont try to track it with the camera just dont take your eyes off of it and point at it and snap as many as you can sort them out on pc when you get home.

Last edited by grandy; 7th January 2013 at 10:54..
grandy is offline   Reply With Quote