Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st September 2018, 13:07   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Default Announcing the NEC Classic Motor Show 2018 - 9th to 11th Nov

It gives us great pleasure to announce that The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club will once more be attending
The Lancaster Insurance NEC Classic Motor Show, with Discovery at The NEC in Birmingham.

This three day event runs from Friday 9th November to Sunday 11th, and for anyone who hasn't been before it's quite something.
With over 10 halls full of classic vehicles to look at, and hundreds of car clubs displaying some excellent examples it really is worth a visit.
There are also a great many trade stands offering all manner of car and bike related items.

This year the Owners Club can be found in Hall 4 on stand 4-555 along with many of the other Joint Rover Club's stands.

We have been allocated space to exhibit four members’ cars, two Rover 75s and two MG ZTs, and will again have items available from the club shop for sale,
a live forum connection for anyone wishing to browse or even sign up, and the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) will be available
if anyone wishes to look up a part number. Bring along your VIN number and we can look up your car's build date too .
We'd be delighted to meet anyone from the club who happens to be visiting the show, so please feel free to pop over for a chat.

The Cars On Show:

Firstly we are pleased to say that the Club's rescued pre-launch Arran White Rover 75 Classic saloon S reg known affectionately as 'OVP' will be on display. This very early car (VIN #001196 assembled on 25th November 1998) was used by MG Rover Group for demonstration purposes and was featured in their training videos for technicians. It was then hired out to various television production companies by MG Rover Group for use on screen as a police car in such dramas as Silent Witness, Murphy's Law, New Tricks and Ultimate Force, before being retained by MG Motors Ltd as an on-site security vehicle where it was cosmetically turned into a ZT.

The car has been mechanically brought back to life with the help of long time club stalwart Lates, along with many others and has just had an extensive respray to bring it back to it's former glory.

(Picture below is a 'before' image)

Joining 'OVP' will be an equally early example in the form of Timspencer's S reg Wedgewood Blue 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 saloon. This car (VIN #001157) was born on 16th November 1998 and so will be 20 years old come show time. The vehicle also has a lovely Neptune Blue Leather Interior.

Joining these earliest cars in the club, and representing the MG marque will be Matt Darke (Cable Ties's) wonderful Monogram Orange Grove ZTT 2.0 diesel tourer. This car has been in the club for many years with a variety of owners looking after it. Orange Grove is a real head turner of a colour and will show case the old with the new as MG Rover Group sought ways to extend the brand.

Finally, to complete the stand we will have another Monogram ZT, a saloon this time belonging to member Moonshine Mark. This is a very rare Monogram Atmosphere Kinetic ZT 2.0 CDTi and is the 7th of just 8 built. The car has been lovingly restored by Mark, details of which can be found on the forums.

Also on hand every day will be everyone's favourite guru trader and technician Trikey along with his better half Bluebird one of our Regional Secretaries. Together they will help answer owners questions about the cars and the Owners Club and hopefully help spread the word to all prospective new members visiting the stand

Now the best bit, the NEC are offering a club discount for entry on the Saturday and Sunday, when purchased in advance via their website or telephone hotline.

Usual entry price on the door is £30.00 per person, but by quoting discount code CSCMS18 you can save £5.50 with tickets costing just £24.50
the offer is limited to 4 tickets per member.

In addition, family tickets are available admitting 2 adults and up to 3 children (5-16 years) as a group.
Use discount code CFCMS18 to save up to £12.00 on the at the door price. Family tickets cost £68.00 and are limited to 1 per member
Full details can be found on the official website. To order tickets, click on the show flyer above or go to

www.necclassicmotorshow.com

You can also order via phone by calling the ticket hotline on
0871 230 1088

Hope to see you there
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2018, 07:19   #2
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

I should be there on the Friday - I'll try to stop by.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 12:07   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Myself ,Graham 1961; hopefully Organiser,and my mate Michael will be there on the Saturday.
Old 15th September 2018, 18:02   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Myself ,Graham 1961; hopefully Organiser,and my mate Michael will be there on the Saturday.
See you there then.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 15:07   #5
Garry k
Regular poster

Mg zt / rover 75 saloon / 75 saloon

Thumbs up NEC classic moter show

Just booked tickets see you there
Garry k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 15:56   #6
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Might be there, funds permitting.
Old 20th September 2018, 11:42   #7
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Looking forward to it guys, paintwork booked as is a full professional valet beforehand! (I'm good but it needs to look top draw)

Does anyone know if they do Neptune blue leather colouring?
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 13:15   #8
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by timspencer View Post
Looking forward to it guys, paintwork booked as is a full professional valet beforehand! (I'm good but it needs to look top draw)

Does anyone know if they do Neptune blue leather colouring?
Hi Tim

I have a small, but nearly full bottle of Neptune Blue dye.

pm me your address and I will post it off..

I will see you at the NEC as I shall be visiting, we can sort something out regarding cost..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 17:14   #9
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

I must go this year, I work virtually next door to the NEC too.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 20:16   #10
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

Default NEC Hotels

Hi to all members [and others]. making a late decision to attend NEC. will be doing 2 days staying over on Saturday night. would like to stay if possible where other members are staying to meet up. trying to think of options . there will be myself and my son. have not tried looking on line yet, will do so after this message. I expect it may not be easy. don't know how far away will end up but maybe travel in with them. hears hoping for some good news. peter.
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote