Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th October 2019, 07:30   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default Questions about a few errors that my car gives

Hi all,

I got myself the TOAF program and an USB cable, because I wanted to be able to check the rror codes. (I have no interest in doing anything other then just checking the errors). And the system did show a few errors. Seeing as Brian cleared all errors a few weeks ago in Boxtel, I know these errors are fairly recent.

I have the following engine errors:

- P0270 - Cylinder 4 injector circuit low
- P0650 - Unknown error
- P1191 - Oxygen sensor heater circuit open circuit, downstream sensors
- P0562 - System voltage low

also in the SRS section:
- 9020 - Ignition circuit IC7 (Belt pretensioner right): Resistance too high

Seeing as the descriptions in TOAF are not very clear, I am not really sure what some of these are or how to fix it.
For example, P1191, what does that mean? Which sensor is this, and would it be enough to replace it? Or do I have to fix something else to prevent this error? The cylinder 4 circuit also makes me wonder what it could be and how to fix it?

Another one, that has been bothering me for a few days, the pre-tenstioner error. It says the resistence is too high, but I already checked the plug under the seat. The resistence of the plug is 0 ohm. So which part of this unit could cause the high resistence?

I like the fact I can read the error codes now. But I haven't been able to find a slightly decent description of what it all means. There seems to be very little documentation on the errors. There is a bit on Google that helps me a bit. But I don't know if that info is for all cars, or if the Rovers might be slightly different?
I have no interest to learn anything about the extra options, I'll leave that to the pro's like Brian and others.
Old 9th October 2019, 13:59   #2
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

So, nobody has any answers on this?
Old 9th October 2019, 17:04   #3
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

P0270 This code implies that the engine control module (ECM) has experienced a low voltage situation involving the fuel injector for the fourth cylinder in the firing order. ... The cylinder with the faulty injector causes a lean mixture that in turn causes a higher cylinder head temperature resulting in detonation.

P0650 MIL lamp Malfunction

P1191 I suspect could be a faulty O2 sensor

P0562 is triggered in the ECM, I think it means the ECM is seeing a lower than requested vehicle voltage. The code is then set when the voltage level goes below 10.0 volts for more than 60 seconds while the engine is running.

9020 Pre-tensioner check the connectors under the seat, spray with electrical spray allow it to dry apply Vasoline and reconnect, that might solve that

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 19:49   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Just typed out a long reply and then it got blanked out.--

Shortened version.

1/ corroded connectors. salt sea side air.

2/ 10 volts. Battery dead.--Alternator dead.--( never, )

3/ O2 sensor wiring.

All above down to connectors.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 08:08   #5
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
P0270 This code implies that the engine control module (ECM) has experienced a low voltage situation involving the fuel injector for the fourth cylinder in the firing order. ... The cylinder with the faulty injector causes a lean mixture that in turn causes a higher cylinder head temperature resulting in detonation.

P0650 MIL lamp Malfunction

P1191 I suspect could be a faulty O2 sensor

P0562 is triggered in the ECM, I think it means the ECM is seeing a lower than requested vehicle voltage. The code is then set when the voltage level goes below 10.0 volts for more than 60 seconds while the engine is running.

9020 Pre-tensioner check the connectors under the seat, spray with electrical spray allow it to dry apply Vasoline and reconnect, that might solve that

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Just typed out a long reply and then it got blanked out.--

Shortened version.

1/ corroded connectors. salt sea side air.

2/ 10 volts. Battery dead.--Alternator dead.--( never, )

3/ O2 sensor wiring.

All above down to connectors.
First part: ooh... that sucks...

- P0270 = I tried to clean the connector on the nr 4 injector. I've read on the webternet that these errors are often due to corroded connectors.
- P0650 = Gonna have to Google that one... (p.s. no engine lights are showing on the IPK after the engine has been started. It does light up briefly when I insert the key and turn it, just like all other lights).
- P1191 = Just re-checked the searchresults, and I've found a few articles that this error refers to the second O2 sensor in the exhaust pipe. But that's the thing, I only have one (in the exhaust manifold). There isn't even a wire/connector for the second one. So I think I can ignore this error? (kinda weird it still gives an error for this, you'd think the computer knows the second one doesn't exist).
- P0562 = Really confused about this one. I checked the battery, which is showing 12.6 volts. When the engine is running it goes to 13.8 volts. The alternator is giving me 13.9 volts. With all lights on, the aircon on and the radio on high volume (and all other systems active) the voltage drops very slightly, but then stabilises at 13.5 volts at the battery.
- 9020 = Still weird. The connector is giving me 0 ohm resistance. Even a drop of "connector cleaning fluid" (not sure what you call it in English) didn't do anything. Error still showing.
Old 10th October 2019, 08:31   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

TOAF

The Poles never got the reading of the MEMS or the SRS quite right, however the fault codes relating to the downstream HO2 sensor are a red herring, your car doesn't have one, the SRS fault will be due to any repair you carried out on that circuit.

As all errors on every ECU on your car were cleared two weeks ago, and specifically the ECM, I wouldn't worry too much about them

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 14:22   #7
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Also your battery voltages are OK.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2019, 14:12   #8
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
TOAF

The Poles never got the reading of the MEMS or the SRS quite right, however the fault codes relating to the downstream HO2 sensor are a red herring, your car doesn't have one, the SRS fault will be due to any repair you carried out on that circuit.

As all errors on every ECU on your car were cleared two weeks ago, and specifically the ECM, I wouldn't worry too much about them

Brian
Well, TOAF would be the best way to monitor the error codes. But don't worry, it will not be used for anything else then to check the error codes. Not wanna brick the car :S .

But, if I understand correctly, due to "faults" with the TOAF program, some error codes might not be 100% correct?
The SRS error still confuses me. I have checked the wires, I have checked the connector and everything seems to be perfectly fine. No resistance on it either. Yet the error won't go away.

The O2 sensor might be nothing special, but I'm suprised the cars doesn't know it doesn't even have the option for a second O2 sensor.
Old 11th October 2019, 15:16   #9
chicochapman
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Did you download the "SRS Tool" from the Toaf site?
I've got it but as my airbag ECU isn't talking to me at the moment, I don't know how helpful this tool might be.
Malc
chicochapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2019, 17:16   #10
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post

But, if I understand correctly, due to "faults" with the TOAF program, some error codes might not be 100% correct?
The SRS error still confuses me. I have checked the wires, I have checked the connector and everything seems to be perfectly fine.
Sorry for being exact but you say connector not plural, is this the tensioner connector you've checked?

Don't think you need the separate SRS app as that's for cars with the later Autoliv system, and your car is a 2000.

I believe that the Toaf programme does contain some errors, but on the other hand so does the T4 programme, Rave, Haynes etc. One thing is certain, noticed how many posts we don't see from Poland, think things run pretty smoothly over there and we're missing out on a lot, like the announced Android app.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote