Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2019, 14:46   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool You may remember............................

.......................................... me asking about how you go about publishing a book. (I first asked back in July 2014). Well after a lot of false starts I have finally finished the book. A friend has kindly given up a lot of her time to go through looking for spelling mistakes, lots of them. And she has shortened some of it, especially where I have repeated myself a few times.

We are now touting some publishers, well my friend is, to see if it is worth actually having it printed. Some of the quotes we have had so far are way out of my budget, I will have to personally fund the project. Do I go for a small run?
Plus the advice is to limit the amount of photos to be submitted or leave them out all together thus making the publishing cheaper. Do I go for softcover, which would be the small run of 100 books. Minimum print is 50 books.

Because the diary/story is true I have had to either contact all the people named in the book to ask their permission if I can put there names in. Or make the names fictional. Well the obvious way is to make the names fictional otherwise I'm liable for possible prosecution if they think I'm having a go at them. If I go for the real names I may have to pay royalties. This applies whether they are still alive or over the bridge.

The negative comments far outweigh the good comments. Seems there is not a lot of interest in a diary being put into print. So we may have to go take the Kindle route.
I may just serialise on here and have done with it. I don't really want to scrap the whole idea.

The diary/story is about the 10 weeks that my late wife spent in the Royal London hospital back in 2009. I needed to keep a diary of events so I could show her for when she came home, although this was not going to happen. But of course we was not to know what the outcome would be.
Keeping the diary was also to keep my mind busy, Val spent more time asleep than awake.

Will let you know how we get on.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote