Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2017, 11:59   #11
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Yes, don't park on "his" side of the road.

I have a similar problem, over the road always parks dead opposite my driveway, even though they have a driveway too. The 75 is not a small car and the space they leave me to get out is less than the length of the 75.

On one occasion when I asked them to move to let me out I was met by a torrent of abuse, never heard an Asian woman swear like that before, and the comment that she could not see why I could not get out and I must be a useless driver.

My reply was simply that if I had a little Fiesta too, then you right I would probably be able to get out.
I always think it's sad when this type of thing happens. Some people need to realise that we all have to share the same road space and a bit of compromise goes along way with their neighbours.

I think it's the most common cause of dispute between neighbours, parking spaces.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:03   #12
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Sorry to hear what's happened to your car. I'm usually laid back to the almost horizontal, but if someone wilfully damaged Wedgie I'd definitely get a bit cross!

Somebody ran a key down both offside doors of my son's Fiesta a couple of weeks ago. He lives on a narrow street of terraced houses and while finding space to park is a pain the neighbours just get on with it without dispute, so I suspect it was done by a drunken idiot (or a sober moron) while walking past. Thankfully the scratch was only light and I managed to polish most of it out and the bit that's still noticeable can probably be sorted with a going over using 'coloured' T-Cut.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:04   #13
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty2 View Post
In all honesty, how can you compromise with someone who is prepared to do such a thing? I have no proof that he is the culprit, so I think my decision to alert the whole street was the best that I could do under the circumstances. I have since discovered that his aggressive tactics are known to others on the street and I'm certainly not going to confront him about it directly. By him knowing that I have notified the police, I have sent him a warning should he consider misbehaving like this in future.
I don't know that's why I asked.
Like i said in another post i think it's best to come to some sort of understanding. You see these type of disputes on the tv, they can be very bitter and long lasting.
Of course some people are just plain unreasonable.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:09   #14
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

That's exactly why I park on the street! I cannot get into my driveway when there is a car parked opposite. I think the tourer is a bit longer than the saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Yes, don't park on "his" side of the road.

I have a similar problem, over the road always parks dead opposite my driveway, even though they have a driveway too. The 75 is not a small car and the space they leave me to get out is less than the length of the 75.

On one occasion when I asked them to move to let me out I was met by a torrent of abuse, never heard an Asian woman swear like that before, and the comment that she could not see why I could not get out and I must be a useless driver.

My reply was simply that if I had a little Fiesta too, then you right I would probably be able to get out.
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:17   #15
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I also think he hates the fact that I'm a cyclist. He almost knocked me off once when passing although I didn't manage to snap his registration plate in time. I should get a helmet cam! He really is a nasty piece of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I always think it's sad when this type of thing happens. Some people need to realise that we all have to share the same road space and a bit of compromise goes along way with their neighbours.

I think it's the most common cause of dispute between neighbours, parking spaces.
Old 12th March 2017, 12:34   #16
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Kick his front door in, douse the whole living room in an accellerant and stand there with a lighter....
Old 12th March 2017, 12:37   #17
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty2 View Post
In all honesty, how can you compromise with someone who is prepared to do such a thing? I have no proof that he is the culprit, so I think my decision to alert the whole street was the best that I could do under the circumstances. I have since discovered that his aggressive tactics are known to others on the street and I'm certainly not going to confront him about it directly. By him knowing that I have notified the police, I have sent him a warning should he consider misbehaving like this in future.
I believe you have done the best you can.

In the 1980s I lived in Thornton Heath on an estate with on street parking, no garages. Something similar.

Every 2-3 months we would find our cars damaged, scratched or paint stripper poured on them. It came to a head when one night, a row of cars had their wing mirrors all smashed in with a ball hammer. The attacks were racially motivated, as the cars that got done were owned by a certain race. Not nice. The neighbours got together, kept watch. Eventually 'he' was caught in the act, a deadbeat thug, a loser with a grudge and a bad mouth. He had the hammer etc, Prosecuted and the council got him moved off the estate.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:39   #18
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Seems that a neighbourly chat is required before the whole thing defends into anarchy. Often a civilised chat can clear the air, lay down some ground rules and understanding.

My street opposite a school is a nightmare but there is a gentleman and woman's agreement amongst us all that parking immediately outside our own homes will be left clear for our own cars. It works well no animosity.

For your case take the high ground, start the conversation, don't stoop to his level if indeed he did do it, because that you can't be sure of.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 12:55   #19
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

You mainland folks are so civilised.

In Northern Ireland he would have been burned out for such behaviour.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 13:51   #20
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
My street opposite a school is a nightmare but there is a gentleman and woman's agreement amongst us all that parking immediately outside our own homes will be left clear for our own cars. It works well no animosity.
Sadly, the problem on our street and lots of others of course is with too many cars competing for the available parking space. These houses were built when far fewer people had cars and most households today run more than one car. I make no assumptions about the space in front of my house. I'll use it if it's free but don't get upset if it isn't. Unlike some others, I don't mind parking some distance away if I have to but again, I'm mindful that I may be taking up someone else's place and so will move my car if and when I can. I'm just being realistic and pragmatic about it.