Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2019, 13:08   #11
the dutch guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
Following this.

I have a ZR K series that does this, starts fine, purrs away, then after 30 seconds, smells rich, lumpy tickover, and missfires under acceleration under 2500 rpm. above 2500 rpm and it's fine.
Once fully hot it runs fine, even below 2500 revs.
Baffled by it.

Pete.
exactly this, but mine keeps running like a limp dog.

if it runs fine after heating up then its probably the lambda sensor that has a broken heater.
thing is that mine keeps doing it. but currently i dont even know if the sensor is at fault or how many the KV6 even has and where they are and wich one is at fault and if you can replace them without taking the whole engine out. (yes, i am used to italian engineering where these things are quite common)
and many people call the dutch cheap but i know the brits are quite a bit more stingy then us so replacing random sensors that cost 100 european roebels each is not someting i look foward to.

Last edited by the dutch guy; 25th June 2019 at 13:47..
the dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 13:53   #12
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

The first lambda is brand new. It made no difference at all. I haven't changed the second one though.
It has just passed it's MOT with no emission problems.

I think T4 might show what's wrong with yours if it's doing it all the time. Please let us know.

Can you describe how it runs ?
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 14:49   #13
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dutch guy View Post
... plenum has a nice little "jingle" in it. i want to rip that apart and remove the valves once it runs properly.
I think you're referring to the power valves in the manifold chamber aren't you Mark? Perhaps that's your problem. If they're stuck in the wrong position then the engine won't breathe properly. I would replace that before going any further if I were you, especially as there's one for sale by a club member at the moment. Ripping it apart and removing the valves is not going to help.

When Colvert asked you if you had checked the plenum he was referring to the area at the rear of the engine compartment housing the brake fluid reservoir, wiper motor and, most importantly, the engine ECU. Are the drain tubes clear?

Simon
Old 25th June 2019, 14:58   #14
the dutch guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I think you're referring to the power valves in the manifold chamber aren't you Mark? Perhaps that's your problem. If they're stuck in the wrong position then the engine won't breathe properly. I would replace that before going any further if I were you, especially as there's one for sale by a club member at the moment. Ripping it apart and removing the valves is not going to help.

When Colvert asked you if you had checked the plenum he was referring to the area at the rear of the engine compartment housing the brake fluid reservoir, wiper motor and, most importantly, the engine ECU. Are the drain tubes clear?

Simon
yes, the drain tubes are clear. i checked those when i replaced the filter a few months ago. i also dont see any traces of there even being a problem.
it would also be strange that it runs tight for a full 30 seconds and then suddenly it goes bad. that tels me its not a flooded ECU issue.

i will check the for sale part for a fresh manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
Can you describe how it runs ?
exactly how you describe it.
like it runs on crude oil under 2500rpm.

Last edited by the dutch guy; 25th June 2019 at 20:09..
the dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote