Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th June 2019, 10:01   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Iphone OBD

I have ordered a bluetooth OBD interface, which Iphone software might be useful to use with it, preferably free please?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 09:47   #2
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

I looked at this last year and all the software was chargeable I’m afraid. Not sure what’s available now but having put my Bluetooth device away I really should start looking again.
Old 11th June 2019, 04:47   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I’m an iPhone lover but it falls short in connecting to OBD, Android seems to be the free and trouble free way I’m afraid but I’d love to be corrected
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 14:15   #4
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

I bought one of these and I have the Torque App installed on my phone.

there is a Free Version and a Paid Version of the Torque App - the Paid Version was only a couple of quid if i remember correctly. it has more features and no adverts.

that said I DON'T Use it - mainly due to the Inconvenience of requiring my Phone to be on display and (phone) Battery drain.

there are also certain Display/Readout options that receive no info from our Cars (mine at least) - from memory Oil Temp, Boost Pressure, Inlet Temp are not able to display a value.

there are some Novel Features some may find useful or just interesting/fun to use - 0-60 times, Map View (with route tracking i'm sure) and Fault Code reading etc..

Paul.

**my phone is Android not sure of the Torque Compatibility with I-Phone**

Last edited by Sheraton; 11th June 2019 at 14:19..
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 14:30   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
I bought one of these and I have the Torque App installed on my phone.

Thanks, I have heard of that and a few complaints about it too. I think its the one where you have to give it a good review, after paying for it, but before you can actually use what you have paid for to know whether its good or not. A bad review stops you from using it - all seems a bit odd.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 11th June 2019, 16:15   #6
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Thanks, I have heard of that and a few complaints about it too. I think its the one where you have to give it a good review, after paying for it, but before you can actually use what you have paid for to know whether its good or not. A bad review stops you from using it - all seems a bit odd.

I prefer not to trust any review I read on line. Too many fake good ones and too many moaners slating what is a perfectly good product or service.
Old 24th June 2019, 12:03   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

The ELM327 v1.5 WiFi interface arrived this morning, so I have been testing a few ios Apps..

EOBD-Facile worked quite well, as far as it went without buying.
Auto Doctor also worked, but was much more restricted.

Car Scanner looked as if it ought to connect, it connected to the WiFi, but not the car's ECU..

Xtooltech iOBD2 again looked as if it ought to be able to connect, but didn't manage to even connect to the WiFi. Other than that, it looked quite a promising app.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 24th June 2019 at 12:45..