Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th June 2019, 11:20   #1
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts
Default A BIG thanks to Peter H.

As per title, thank you goes to our "Uncle Peter" for the lift yesterday.
I had embarked on a holiday to simply get away from things, a chum of mine lives in Exmouth and has invited me down several times in the past, but somehow every time I considered doing so, something else got in the way.
This holiday was different to all the others, I have stopped driving due to a cataract problem with my remaining eye that works, so feeling sorry for myself, I booked a coach trip to Devon with accommodation already arranged with my chum who I've known for many years, booked the trip which seemed quite manageable. Hmm, here is some of how well things went.
Checked the location of the Northampton Coach Station using google maps, this revealed two areas of derelict land with no buildings present but surrounded by fencing, and after a bit of checking it would appear the station is based adjacent to an open air car park that boasts a single shelter !
Got ready for the trip there, and left my glasses at home !
Coach arrived late at the super equipped pavement.
Eventually got on and begun to wonder if this is the right mode of transport.
Eventually got to Victoria gagging for a smoke and wee wee, but this had to wait because the coach was boarding as we arrived (No stress)
Took ages to get out of London, but eventually on to the M4 & M5.
Arrived at Exeter late afternoon, feeling slightly worse for wear, and troubled by the weather outlook !
Yep it did, it hammered it down and managed to wreck all but 2 days of my time down there, a few other bits went slightly bandy for me, however it was great to be with friends, and away from normal habits.
I was asked about my trip home, and was horrified by the route and timings, so decided to do some changes to the return trip which was assisted by our very own "Uncle Peter"
Got a good coach and time to Bristol and changed to another one where we ended up at Heathrow Airport where Uncle Peter kindly met me and dashed me home.
Two morals to my story that are of real importance:

Never underestimate the ability to drive & be independent (Especially after driving for so many years) as I have regardless of in what vehicle.

Always recognise that there are only a few who would really help you !
Peter and I have been chums for 7+ years and have exchanged knowledge skills and plenty of laughs during this time.

So a public thanks goes to Peter for simply being a great guy and his kindness towards folk.

I hope to have surgical correction soon, but until then I am grounded from work and driving (Work as MOT Tester) and trust me, It is a real bind in so many ways !
Thanks for reading, and take care out there folks !

Last edited by RogerHeinz57; 24th June 2019 at 11:23.. Reason: .
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2019, 12:20   #2
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Totally agree,
Peter was the first one to say hello and welcome to the club, our first meet was at the Frog And Wicket, he has always put himself out to help and is a very true friend, will be meeting him again at the Clandon Classic Car meet in aid of the McMillan cancer fund, this was organised for us to attend a few years ago by another dear friend John Howard who had since died, and Peter has put himself out to organise our attendance this year on July 7th.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote