Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2010, 11:41   #1101
kopite65
Regular poster

rover 75 cdt se saloon 2000

Smile Tonys sd card.

Hey guys just want to let you know that if you havent got an sd card from Tony yet then order one now, it has new igo updated maps and skins and is much better than the igo that comes installed in the unit so contact Tony now and get ur sd card full of gold right now, I installed mine and it's great, so thanks Tony and thanks for the help aswell , very much appreciated!!!!!

Last edited by kopite65; 31st July 2010 at 11:48..
kopite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 13:12   #1102
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Jeff,

Try it in the GPS Slot. There is a Player on the GPS Side and see if it reads it.
RG
Hi Saun,

Have tried the card in the gps slot and yes it works, the actual message when in the sd slot is: Reading card then followed by (NO SUPPORT FILE)

Hope that helps if you have any ideas.

Could it be possible that the left hand card reader just doesn't like that card?

I can't try another card as the only cards I have got are that card I brought for music, the igo card supplied and Tony's updated map card.

Also, does anyone know of any amplified internal car dvb aerials to improve the digital tv reception with and if so where to buy?

Last edited by coolcat; 31st July 2010 at 13:16..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 13:19   #1103
Kedaha
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Not at all - thats the way it *should* of been wired up if it was designed properly.

The HK setup simply takes the 4x speaker outputs from you stereo, to the amp in the boot - so all you need to do is unplug the output from your current headunit into the new one and it will work fine

For added Geekery, the HK amp then processes the audio - it amplifies the input (which was already amped by the headunit ), and sends this output back down to where the stereo is to join up with the original stereo ouput loom going to the speakers - the tweeters are wired in parallel to the speakers so they are nothing special. The amp also then sends an added output going to the sub. As far as I know, no crossovers etc are used, so all of the speakers in the car are used for hi's (which the sub sucks at, and the main speakers aren't great for), mids (which the sub is mediocre at and the tweeters provide so little volume it's pointless) and lows (which just makes the tweeters / main speakers distort more).

In short - it's nowhere near as complex as you think, if you plug the HK input loom (which will of been plugged into the back of your headunit) into the double DIN unit everything will work perfectly with your sub etc.

The HK input will either be the standard ISO connectors, or the BMW 17-pin connector depending on the spec of your car. If it's the former, your ready to go, the later and you will need a converter (only about £10-£15).
So what's the story with these two threads?
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=55971
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=59253
Both suggest that you can't use HK amp/sub with double din
Kedaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 13:22   #1104
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Saun,

Have tried the card in the gps slot and yes it works, the actual message when in the sd slot is: Reading card then followed by (NO SUPPORT FILE)

Hope that helps if you have any ideas.

Could it be possible that the left hand card reader just doesn't like that card?

I can't try another card as the only cards I have got are that card I brought for music, the igo card supplied and Tony's updated map card.
The GPS Side has a Different type of Media Player, I Suppose if I was a Chinese seller I would say , "play it on the GPS Side! jejejejje" Problem solved, But since I am NOT a Chinese seller, My assessment is that it IS in fact the card that you are using. SD Cards are Finicky. Example, I have one that came with my Digicam, It Does not work when Plugged direct to My tower, it does NOT work when Placed in an SD to USB adaptor, It Does Not work when Plugged into my Laptop , It Does NOT work anywhere UNLESS I use an External SD reader ! Then its perfect ! Go Figure. Other Cards work fine !

It is NOT your SD Reader for the simple reason that you are getting the message "(NO SUPPORT FILE). ". I And Most techies on the Internet cannot even figure it out. It may have something to do with Copies and fakes of Sandisk and Kingston etc. It may have something to do with Compatibility of Vista, Media Players and Download formats Vs the WinCE on the head Unit.

Have you also tried the GPS SD Card that came with it on the Media Side?
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 13:27   #1105
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
The GPS Side has a Different type of Media Player, I Suppose if I was a Chinese seller I would say , "play it on the GPS Side! jejejejje" Problem solved, But since I am NOT a Chinese seller, My assessment is that it IS in fact the card that you are using. SD Cards are Finicky. Example, I have one that came with my Digicam, It Does not work when Plugged direct to My tower, it does NOT work when Placed in an SD to USB adaptor, It Does Not work when Plugged into my Laptop , It Does NOT work anywhere UNLESS I use an External SD reader ! Then its perfect ! Go Figure. Other Cards work fine !

It is NOT your SD Reader for the simple reason that you are getting the message "(NO SUPPORT FILE). ". I And Most techies on the Internet cannot even figure it out. It may have something to do with Copies and fakes of Sandisk and Kingston etc. It may have something to do with Compatibility of Vista, Media Players and Download formats Vs the WinCE on the head Unit.

Have you also tried the GPS SD Card that came with it on the Media Side?
Would the sd card reader in the unit read the gps data??

I hope it's not the card as it was brought from Amazon (not through a third party on Amazon) you would kind of hope it's the real deal

I'll go and try the gps card in that side and let you know what happens.
Old 31st July 2010, 13:37   #1106
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Would the sd card reader in the unit read the gps data??

I hope it's not the card as it was brought from Amazon (not through a third party on Amazon) you would kind of hope it's the real deal

I'll go and try the gps card in that side and let you know what happens.
Hi Sean,

Yep, it reads the info off that card ok although can't use it so I'm guessing I need another card but which one??

Thanks for all your help again.
Old 31st July 2010, 13:43   #1107
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Hi Sean,

Yep, it reads the info off that card ok although can't use it so I'm guessing I need another card but which one??

Thanks for all your help again.
It won't operate the GPS but you should be able to see the files on the screen.

Good Question

I was thinking about it. Sometimes (Not accusing) people do what is called MASKING on the SD Cards and the USB Pens. They add a lil something to make the card APPEAR 8GB, but in reality they are 2 GB or even less. When you read the properties on your computer it will say 8GB. Its a Common scam in the SD Card and USB Pen Biz. This may ALSO be and the head Unit cannot rectify it,
My suggestion would be to get a card from a Local shop. Try borrowing a card or 2 and see what happens.
Hope that that will solve it.
Old 31st July 2010, 13:49   #1108
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedaha View Post
So what's the story with these two threads?
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=55971
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=59253
Both suggest that you can't use HK amp/sub with double din
Ok, first problem - thread number one is talking about a car with the Hi-Line, I think this has a special antenna connection which is part of the issue - the Hi-Line has all of the actual processing done in the boot, the screen at the front is just a screen. As such, the cable for the aerial goes to the boot for the GPS computer / tuner in Hi-Line cars vs going to the stereo bay for all the rest of them.

The wiring he's talking about seems a bit confusing as well. The earth is in the boot so the negative isn't needed, and as far as i'm aware the HK power stuff is spliced into the main loom (although i'm not 100% sure as I have only retrofitted it, little experience with the factory install) - ideally you should run a cable to the battery when fitting an amp (it's what i've done with the 9" sub in the boot), but if MG Rover thought it was ok to power the amp from the same source that powers the headunit from the factory then I think it's ok to do the same later on.

The only issue I can see is the remote (on / off signal line, whatever you want to call it) - from diagrams i've seen this can be done using ISO connectors, but i've never seen anyone actually try it - most aftermarket headunits will have a remote cable, and you simply connect this to the on/off signal line for the amp (cut the wire from the loom and join to the remote of the headunit).

Personally I think that if you gave me a Hi-Line HK'ed car, a lot of cable, a crimp set & a double DIN unit I could fit it... but i'm not entirely sure how until I had a look at all the connectors that were there. This approach worked fine when I retrofitted my HK stuff.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 13:55   #1109
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
It won't operate the GPS but you should be able to see the files on the screen.

Good Question

I was thinking about it. Sometimes (Not accusing) people do what is called MASKING on the SD Cards and the USB Pens. They add a lil something to make the card APPEAR 8GB, but in reality they are 2 GB or even less. When you read the properties on your computer it will say 8GB. Its a Common scam in the SD Card and USB Pen Biz. This may ALSO be and the head Unit cannot rectify it,
My suggestion would be to get a card from a Local shop. Try borrowing a card or 2 and see what happens.
Hope that that will solve it.
I guess that could be the case but the card was brought from Amazon and was in genuine sealed sandisk packaging (with holograms) complete with the inpenetrable card they so love using so I'm guessing it's not a dodgy fake.

I do photography and have always used sandisk cards (albeit compact flash udma) for their reliability, now I'm not so sure.

I'll try and borrow another card from someone who uses them and I'll let you know how I get on

All the best.

Last edited by coolcat; 31st July 2010 at 15:06..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 14:13   #1110
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
I guess that could be the case but the card was brought from amazon and was in genuine sealed sandisc packaging (with holagrams) complete with the inpenetrable card they so love using so I'm guessing it's not a dodgy fake.

I do photography and have always used sandisc cards (albeit compact flash udma) for their reliability, now I'm not so sure.

I'll try and borrow another card from someone who uses them and I'll let you know how I get on

All the best.

Click Here

Then Click HERE

Little Price Descrepancies, Don't you think ? And From Kingston Direct? CLICK HERE

BUYER BEWARE !