Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2018, 20:54   #21
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Can it be right that someone on benefit's can claim more than the average wage say, or a state pension?
Your opinion's please .
+ 1 - Completely agree on this and please forgive me as I may go of topic slightly, granted there are people who are genuine that do require benefits or motability but then there is the people who screw they system left right and centre, there is nothing they cannot do, rent and council tax paid, holidays abroad, they make a fool of the working class man, the system is a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- joke and then there is motability cars - and not just any cars, top of the line models that the working class person cant afford without being ticked up to the eyeballs, in my opinion if you are to get a free motability car then all you should be entitled to is a "basic" car

Is it just me that thinks this ?
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:58   #22
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

From what I've read motobility has only ever paid a set amount. you could top it up to get a flash car but the claimant had to pay the difference. Big or small car the taxpayer pays the same amount.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:59   #23
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Your name calling of others has no boundaries.
Others? Plural??

My Silly Stalker - is at it again.

Get a life Maninder - or better still a sense of perspective and also a sense of humour!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 21:11   #24
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
From what I've read motobility has only ever paid a set amount. you could top it up to get a flash car but the claimant had to pay the difference. Big or small car the taxpayer pays the same amount.
Yes this was my understanding as well.

I would rather the disabled have a normal car than what the poor devils were lumbered with when I was a teenager - they had the appalling “Incacar” (?) - a fibre glass single seat death trap that could not take passengers.

The Motorbility Scheme works well - but I do think that some choices available are suspect. Certain cars should not be allowed due to there poor resale value.

Most company car drivers get given an approved list to choose from - and this list is made up of cars that have some value at the end of their time or achieved mileage limit.

I would suggest the State could follow similar rules to ensure the taxpayer gets as much as possible back on these cars at the end of the three years.
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:05   #25
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Others? Plural??

My Silly Stalker - is at it again.

Get a life Maninder - or better still a sense of perspective and also a sense of humour!!
There we go again, name calling.

Stalker? - you commented on my post and myself DD, as you often do, not the other way around. So who would be the stalker?

Read up about the characteristics of a bully, how a bully behaves when someone does not readily submit to their self-declared superiority in all matters, and look in the mirror.

Then see if you can try to emulate a normal grown up man.

Last edited by MSS; 23rd January 2018 at 06:16..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:06   #26
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post

It looks like a good deal for genuine claimants, includes 2 named drivers, UK and European breakdown fully maintained..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:30   #27
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

No. thousands of other Daily mail readers no doubt share your negative and unhelpful opinions.
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:19   #28
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
It looks like a good deal for genuine claimants, includes 2 named drivers, UK and European breakdown fully maintained..
It is, I think motobility is the biggest car leasers in the UK or possibly Europe. Their buying power is huge so keep costs low.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:22   #29
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankson View Post

No. thousands of other Daily mail readers no doubt share your negative and unhelpful opinions.
Oh dear - the Daily Wail and it’s readers gets it again.

Now I don’t like the Paper - but then I don’t particularly like the Guardian either.

Both have the same rabid mindset but from opposite sides of the spectrum.

And it should be noted that the DM’s circulation is nearly three times that of the Guardian.

I read both - I also read the Independent and the Times.

And today we had the Daily Mirror in the office because of it mindblowingly good photo Journalism of idiot drivers using their mobile phones whilst driving.

Their front page shows a driver doing 60mph with both hands holding his mobile whilst he looks at it - not looking where he is going at all!!

My point is that to dismiss any viewpoint because you assume that viewpoint could only come from the readers of a particular paper is prejudice.

You are allowing YOUR prejudice to overcome common sense and common decency - we all have a right to our opinions

What is it with some on here that pop up when anyone says something that didn’t fit their PC view of the world re Rent vs Mortgage - unemployed people - people on benefits.

It is crass to label someone a Daily Mail reader if their views are not the same as yours - similarly - an innocuous comment on people who are unemployed at the end of a post does not diminish that posts credibility at all.
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:31   #30
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
And they make excellent buys on the secondhand market. My wife’s Hyundai i30 Tourer was ex Motability - very low mileage fully serviced each year and still with 2 years manufacturers warranty.

Never needed the warranty - the car has been 100% reliable.