Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th May 2022, 20:41   #7
Kampo

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Does the radiator fan start when you start the engine?
Does the temperature gauge stay in its ignition-off position?

TC
hi T cut i know this is now quite an old post but i suffer from both of these symptoms. i had posted here a while back about the fact the car had been static for some time. at the time i was told to check the cables in the v leading to the coolant sensor in case any rodents had eaten them. i m yet to achieve this i m hoping i ll be able to in next few weeks as i m battling taking off the inlet manifold with work duties etc however i want to ask can it be coincidental that i also have no revs at the same time? i m hoping the coolant temp staying at cold and the fan kicking in immediately after i start the engine is isolated to the engine revs not showing- i m really hoping it s not ecu as i never found the plenum to have got any water and i do clean the plug hole fairly regularly. do you have any idea other than replacing coolant temp sensor what else i could be faced with and how else to tackle the rev meter issue? i have done instrument cluster check and it all checks out good
Kampo is offline   Reply With Quote