Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2020, 12:15   #31
simon.jane
Loves to post

we have a 75 connoisseur cdt se saloon and a 75 conniosser se cdt tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Did it have an MOT when you took it in, and if so for how long? An MOT failure doesn't cancel the old MOT out, so you may stll be OK.

No it had run out l didn’t have time to sort it out before the mot as l was on jury service for 6 weeks it ran out on the 04/03 l got it booked in for the 21/03. My biggest problem is that they are closed so does this mean l have to pay again for a another test the for her to fail the test again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10th April 2020, 15:14   #32
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.jane View Post
No it had run out l didn’t have time to sort it out before the mot as l was on jury service for 6 weeks it ran out on the 04/03 l got it booked in for the 21/03. My biggest problem is that they are closed so does this mean l have to pay again for a another test the for her to fail the test again.

No, Simon, you should fix the faults it failed the test originally, then have it tested somewhere else

Hopefully if the original test was thorough, and you rectify the defects they picked up on, then you will only need to pay to have it tested at another VTS.

The fee you paid to the original VTS has been lost however, but in the grand scheme of things, that isn't the worst that could have happened.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 16:21   #33
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Just read the post from Mike Noc. Copperleaf failed MOT on frayed drivers side seat belt, advisory on front offside wishbone, advisory on coolant leak, whilst in garage had them change rear brake backplate assembly's disks and pads, front wishbone, head gasket, timing belt, water pump, full service, seat belt ordered from Mickyboy but due to lockdown courier in isolation, garage closing for lockdown etc seat belt didn't turn up. All other work was done. I personally do not consider a small amount of fraying to be dangerous indeed the seat belt on my works pick up is much worse and it passed without comment. The Mot is valid until 14th April and just checked, it has now been extended until 14th October. Once this lockdown is sorted and seat belt turns up I will get it changed, but pleased that I can carry on driving!
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 18:06   #34
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I thought it did nowadays. You could/would in effect be driving a vehicle with a known defect which makes the car roadworthy. I'm not sure what the position is if you have had the defect repaired between failure and existing mot running out
macafee2

Yes you would have to repair any faults that made the car unroadworthy, but that is a separate offence - your current MOT runs out on the day stated on the printout last time I checked.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 21:18   #35
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunty View Post
Just read the post from Mike Noc. Copperleaf failed MOT on frayed drivers side seat belt, advisory on front offside wishbone, advisory on coolant leak, whilst in garage had them change rear brake backplate assembly's disks and pads, front wishbone, head gasket, timing belt, water pump, full service, seat belt ordered from Mickyboy but due to lockdown courier in isolation, garage closing for lockdown etc seat belt didn't turn up. All other work was done. I personally do not consider a small amount of fraying to be dangerous indeed the seat belt on my works pick up is much worse and it passed without comment. The Mot is valid until 14th April and just checked, it has now been extended until 14th October. Once this lockdown is sorted and seat belt turns up I will get it changed, but pleased that I can carry on driving!
I have heard of some cars that failed but had an existing mot getting the extension which in my opinion shouldn’t happen as the latest result was a fail. Generally with a frayed seatbelt it comes down to, does the fraying affect its movement and will it hold in an accident? If you have removed or tried to clean up the seatbelt with the old lighter trick then it becomes a fail

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2020, 07:42   #36
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Yes you would have to repair any faults that made the car unroadworthy, but that is a separate offence - your current MOT runs out on the day stated on the printout last time I checked.
oh

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2020, 07:53   #37
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

Quote:
- your current MOT runs out on the day stated on the printout last time I checked.
I believe the MoT runs out as stated online, that being the definitive statement. . The paper printout is like the MoT, just a statement of fact at the time it is issued and is not a Certificate.
A year before last there was glitch in the system and my finish date was wrong on the printout. It was later rectified & I could see online it had been extended.
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2020, 08:17   #38
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
Will still show as MOT’d on the system

A fella at works MOT expires this month and I’ve been checking to see if it’s automatically extended, Yesterday it was 8 days to go today it’s 190 to go so looks like when you get to 7 days left it’s automatically extended.
Old 11th April 2020, 09:44   #39
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

The updates are added weekly on cars due the following week

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 11th April 2020, 09:46   #40
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverP480 View Post
I believe the MoT runs out as stated online, that being the definitive statement. . The paper printout is like the MoT, just a statement of fact at the time it is issued and is not a Certificate.
A year before last there was glitch in the system and my finish date was wrong on the printout. It was later rectified & I could see online it had been extended.
This is true, the paper printout has no legality like the old mot certificates pre computerisation. They are just a way of showing the customer an expiry date.