Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th November 2020, 11:30   #1
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Default 4 wheel alignment done!! What a difference

After only getting 13000 miles from my last tyres Avon ZZ5 225x45x18 XL and a constant growling from the rear offside wheel, (feathering also on outside edge) I decided to get new boots and seek out a 4 wheel alignment out fit!!

Well the results are amaizing!!!!!,,,,and yes my rear offside was well out!!!!!,,,,toeing in by 16’ and the near near side towing out by 10’ so a total imbalance.

The front was also well out! I had new track rods and Radius arms fitted a year ago (my trusty garage must have used the ‘That will be ok’ method of adjustment) The front near side toeing in by 0.14’ and the front offside toeing in by 0.06’!! Front wheel drive cars should never toe in!!!

All now adjusted front toeing out by a total of 0.11’ and the rear by 0.23’

The bolts also proved no issue and were easily undone with a short breaker bar and a high tensile hex socket. I did give them a good blast of GT85 last night so it may have helped!

All work done by JSP Motorsports of Bletchley, Milton Keynes for £78 all in!

My ride is now near silent on my brand new Uniroyal Rainsport 5 tyres and I look forward to much better mileage from now on!!

Today is a good day as Capt Tom would say!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.

Last edited by Clickernick; 25th November 2020 at 11:35..
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 17:52   #2
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Nice.

Same here just collected "Nigel" from the garage he been there a week to get his legs squared up been shredding part worn tyres for two years and wondering all over the road to but still even like that a fun drive lol.

I put new inner n outer tie rods and got the the garage to fit powerflex bushes on trailing arms and new brackets + bolts full works. Turned out needed new rear lower arm and spring to get through mot but its done and what a wonderful drive home and investment brilliant car!

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote