Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2020, 19:36   #1
Richard Batty
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon Connie SE, Jaguar XJ6, Mini cooper Countryman (2020 Daily driver)

Default Overmats colour advice

Hello, I have black leather seats with grey piping. Has anyone put the Rimmers premium OEM Rover overmats in Grey in their cars matching the piping in preference to the standard black?
If so, what is your opinion of that combination and do you have a photo?
Thanks in advance
Richard Batty

Last edited by Richard Batty; 28th June 2020 at 19:38..
Richard Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 09:47   #2
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Batty View Post
Hello, I have black leather seats with grey piping. Has anyone put the Rimmers premium OEM Rover overmats in Grey in their cars matching the piping in preference to the standard black?
If so, what is your opinion of that combination and do you have a photo?
Thanks in advance
Richard Batty
I'm pretty sure you need the ash grey overmats (which is what Rimmers offer) to go with the black leather piped seats and door cards/roof lining, I don't recall seeing black fabric clour coded mats, only the rubber jobs and there's no colour choice with those. The sports seats were only supplied in black (there were a couple of personal line options available with inset colour coded leather panels) - the clinching question is what colour are your fitted carpets because black was never an option (now that is the trigger for someone to come along and contradict me...)
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 07:15   #3
Richard Batty
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon Connie SE, Jaguar XJ6, Mini cooper Countryman (2020 Daily driver)

Original fitted carpet is dark grey bordering on black. I think the black overmats that came with the car make a black interior look a little dull and the ash grey may lift it a bit
Richard Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 09:39   #4
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Batty View Post
Original fitted carpet is dark grey bordering on black. I think the black overmats that came with the car make a black interior look a little dull and the ash grey may lift it a bit
If your fitted carpets are the pre-PPD ash grey (which are generally considered a better quality pile carpet) it's a much lighter shade than the later PPD composite carpets which are a darker marl 'ash' grey. IMHO the ash grey overmats will more closely match the pre-PPD carpet shade but the overmat shade will compliment either of the fitted carpet versions.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote