Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th April 2011, 19:42   #1
RoryRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi tourer

Default Noisy Air Con

Hello all

I have just joined the ranks of Rover 75 owners having just aquired a 2004 Connie SE diesel tourer.

As you may imagine I am exploring the joys of Rover 75 ownership and would appreciate some guidance on the air conditioning.

I have noticed that when I switch the air conditioning on, I get a whine which rises and falls with engine speed which is really noticable because the car is otherwise so quiet. It is not the blower fan - that stays constant with changes in engine speed.

The whine is very pronounced at tickover and just above but blends into the background when traveling over 30mph.

When the engine is ticking over, the whine disapears immediately if the Air con is switched off or if the "econ" mode is selected.

One final point - the car was serviced and the air con re-charged by the dealer before I took delivery.

Can anyone tell me if this "whine" is normal when the air con is operating - or otherwise what the problem might be ?

John Neal
RoryRover is offline   Reply With Quote