Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th July 2018, 09:09   #61
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Well his Dad's joined now, so this could be interesting
And he has such an imaginative name. I wonder if everyone will be able to work out which new member it is
Old 10th July 2018, 09:14   #62
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There is a photo of Thomas in the archives and Reebs stated he has met him.
It doesn't really matter if he's 15 or 85. The tolerance his disruptive posts are granted is just further proof that moderation in this club isn't what you do, it's whether your face fits. Who else could get away with insulting the memory of war heroes ??

I got warned with ''having action taken against me'' for daring to complain about being charged to replace an item from the club shop which arrived damaged (the replacement still hasn't arrived despite me paying for it over a week ago).

I wasn't aware of the ignore button but will consider using it now.
Old 10th July 2018, 09:19   #63
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

[QUOTE=Gate Keeper;2648447]

For example there is a member who is a serial moaner and can moan for Scotland like no one else can

Yeah Rav can whinge
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Old 10th July 2018, 10:00   #64
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Quote:
Good morning Les, does it matter? can we not accept it for what it is and for what he is on about and then move on, tolerance I have not read the gauge thread, as I imagine it will be like the others. I ain’t perfect and I know that, what some of the other members write up is not always agreeable or pleasing to the eye. For example there is a member who is a serial moaner and can moan for Scotland like no one else can and another member who looks like Popeye and writes up flowery twaddle that no one understands and is insightless. We tolerate them
Spot on Phil, it’s just a simple as that..............tolerance.
Like you said, there are many other members posts that are full of the brown stuff and we either tolerate or ignore.
I’m sure there’s many that ignore my posts that frequently bleat on about Minis and MGFs..........”oh no, another post by mininuts! I choose not to read it”.......easy as that.
I’m a member on one or two Mini forums and they have a lot of younger members that are under driving age. They have bought Minis to restore and get ready for when they can drive. They have some wonderfully unrealistic ideas about what they want to achieve with their cars and they are fun to read but, people tolerate and accept them for who they are. As they mature, the ideas become more real world.
The impression that all the negative comments, towards Thomas, give is one of a forum full of old whinging gets......which isn’t the case but, I’m certain that’s how it looks to potential new members if they read the threads
Maybe they are doing more harm to the club/forum than anything that Thomas has posted

After all that’s been said on Thomas’s other posts.....people still can’t just choose to either ignore or tolerate........its like they have to post negative comments for self satisfaction.......I don’t get it

Hey Thomas, why not try and get up to the Gretna meet on Sunday with your dad, it’s not too far from where you are.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
Old 10th July 2018, 10:11   #65
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! DUMP THIS THREAD AS IT IS NOW GETTING TEDIOUS AND TIRESOME, WE HAVE ALL GOT SOME SORT OF OPINION TO THIS SUBJECT, AND SOME OF THEM ARE CHILDISH

As ever.

Rev
Old 10th July 2018, 11:12   #66
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
It doesn't really matter if he's 15 or 85. The tolerance his disruptive posts are granted is just further proof that moderation in this club isn't what you do, it's whether your face fits. Who else could get away with insulting the memory of war heroes ??

I got warned with ''having action taken against me'' for daring to complain about being charged to replace an item from the club shop which arrived damaged (the replacement still hasn't arrived despite me paying for it over a week ago).

I wasn't aware of the ignore button but will consider using it now.
Can you please show us the insult to the memory of the war heroes?
Old 10th July 2018, 11:35   #67
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Can you please show us the insult to the memory of the war heroes?
Yes I’d like to see that one too?
Old 10th July 2018, 11:43   #68
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Yes I’d like to see that one too?
same i was unsure too it made me feel bad as i love the history of ww1 and ww2

My dad can't message please help

Old 10th July 2018, 18:04   #69
Rover2003's Dad

Capri 2.8i Special

Default My Rover

Your all saying me and my son don't own rover fair I don't care as I have all the documents sent to my house okay second rover engine we picked up doesn't have 530 horsepower some ww1 fighter planes and bombers did he missed heard what I said sorry just don't say stuff as people do make mistakes I have told him we can do the projects but my wife doesn't let us have time they will happen one day my son isn't a fake he's real and is 15 of age

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rover2003's Dad; 10th July 2018 at 18:10..
Old 10th July 2018, 18:10   #70
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2003's Dad View Post
Your all saying me and my son don't own rover fair I don't care as I have all the documents sent to my house okay second rover engine we picked up doesn't have 530 horsepower some ww1 fighter planes and bombers did my son isn't a fake he's real and is 15 of age

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ummmm, did this make any sense to anyone.........
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
Closed Thread