Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2017, 21:05   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Arrow Photobucket Fix

I'm not sure how long it will last and whether PB will get wise to this loophole and block it later, but currently, if you add ~original into the photobucket code that you paste into a forum thread to display a picture, it will show the picture unblocked.

You need to insert ~original after the bit that says .jpg and before the bit that says [/IMG]

So in other words it should look like this

.jpg~original[/IMG]

If you go and edit your pictures in your posts to add this extra bit of code the images will display again
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 21:42   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
I'm not sure how long it will last and whether PB will get wise to this loophole and block it later, but currently, if you add ~original into the photobucket code that you paste into a forum thread to display a picture, it will show the picture unblocked.

You need to insert ~original after the bit that says .jpg and before the bit that says [/IMG]

So in other words it should look like this

.jpg~original[/IMG]

If you go and edit your pictures in your posts to add this extra bit of code the images will display again
Thanks, tested and it does work, (see below) but it is a lot of work finding the appropriate image on PB and re-editing.

A quick look at doing this, suggests it might involve a lot of effort to add that on a per image basis. The image would have to be found on PB, to copy the link, then the extra code added in when pasting it.

A slightly quicker way is to Edit your original post, click the square box in the top right corner to switch editing modes, you then see a sort of 'code view' of your post - like this, which shows the original link....

[IMG]-----http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/harrym1byt/HBCompensator.jpg[/IMG]

That needs editing to this...

[IMG]----http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/harrym1byt/HBCompensator.jpg~original[/IMG]

Several ----'s added above to prevent it trying to show the actual image..

An even quicker way and I don't know if it could be done, would be for a mod with suitable experience might be able to run a search through the entire forum, for lines of code containing '.photobucket.com.' then replacing the following incidence of .jpg[IMG] with .jpg~original[/IMG]

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 29th July 2017 at 21:47..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 21:53   #3
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Yes Harry I was suggesting that if they wished, folk could re-edit their own posts with blocked pictures to repair them rather than continue to use PB and applying the fix going forward for the simple reason that this fix may not last forever so using another hosting site would be a better option.

While it is physically possible for a mod or mods to trawl through the entire history of the forum and individually fix each image, none of us volunteers would have the available time to execute such an undertaking I'm afraid.

If individual members wish to review their own posts and edit them that would help enormously. I see that Marinabrian for example has already made a start with his

I have fixed all of my reference threads to be found in my signature links but there are still hundreds more images of mine to go.

Going forward, I am no longer using PB for image hosting new material, but have not closed my account with them.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 22:08   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

It works!!

Very impressed, how did you discover that?

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 22:17   #5
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Just had a quick look on Google, and found a Chrome extension that also fixes the problem: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Only of use if you use Chrome, and, of course, it only fixes it for those who install the extension. I've just tried it myself, and I can now see all embedded Photobucket images across the forum and beyond.

Pauls fix is the better solution, as it will give everyone access to your photos, but if you need to see the photos on a "How to" that hasn't been sorted by the thread owner, then the extension should sort things for you.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 23:11   #6
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Well it has worked for me with my cat Tilly
Thanks for that
Old 30th July 2017, 09:50   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
While it is physically possible for a mod or mods to trawl through the entire history of the forum and individually fix each image, none of us volunteers would have the available time to execute such an undertaking I'm afraid.
Oh, I wasn't suggesting doing it manually, but via an automated search and replace.

This was a post which includes numerous PB images and was the first one I tried to edit, but for some odd reason it lacks an edit button.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...68&postcount=5

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 09:59   #8
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Please listen folks. Use the forum itself to host your images, there is NO NEED to use any 3rd party hosting site. Even if you sign up to imgur (or any other site) there is always the possibility they too will do something similar in future and then you will be back to square one, images hosted on the forum can ONLY be deleted by yourself or a Mod. I have written a full tutorial here:-

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=270793

It does look more complicated than it is, once you have done it a few times it's really easy. I have even added a .pdf file with the instructions so you can download it, print it out, then follow it as you post.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:19   #9
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

The problem with using the forum is the forum hasn't adapted to cope with the size of files modern technology generates.

An auto resize on upload function is common place elsewhere, no real reason why it shouldn't exist here.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 12:07   #10
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
Please listen folks. Use the forum itself to host your images, there is NO NEED to use any 3rd party hosting site. Even if you sign up to imgur (or any other site) there is always the possibility they too will do something similar in future and then you will be back to square one, images hosted on the forum can ONLY be deleted by yourself or a Mod. I have written a full tutorial here:-

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=270793

It does look more complicated than it is, once you have done it a few times it's really easy. I have even added a .pdf file with the instructions so you can download it, print it out, then follow it as you post.
Isn't this a bit selfish?

I have a handful of photo's hosted here but I wouldn't dream of putting up loads.

I would hate to hazard a guess at what their hosting costs are.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote