Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th September 2019, 14:04   #1
Guardian50
Avid contributor

2004 Facelift MKII MG ZT+ 2.0 CDTI Auto 160 bhp in Aquamarine-Goodwood Green (HQM)

Default 2004 mgzt cdti auto goodwood green with green alcantara seats

2nd Nov 2019 Price reduced again to £695 ONO After much thought, time has now come to sell my faithful MGZT. It is a 2004 Facelift CDTI saloon with Automatic gearbox. I am the cars second owner and have all its paperwork including original Marshalls Sales receipt, it has a file full of history/receipts, every MOT certificate since 2007 a full service history and both its original keys.
The cars details are as follows:
Model: MGZT CDTI Auto Saloon.
Colour: Goodwood Green.
Engine: 2.0 Litre (BMW) Turbo Diesel.
Year: 2004.
Mileage: 172,000.
MOTD until 20/05/20.
Extras: Xenon headlights, Cruise control, reversing sensors, headlight washers, Automatic gearbox with sport and snow modes.
Modifications: Engine remapped from 135+ bhp to 160 bhp by PhilT4, It has inline thermostat, new gold fan resistor, New handbrake compensator fitted by Arctic, Plenum modification by Arctic and LED rear number plate lights.
Service history: Fully stamped up service book, with many receipts, only the last two services have been done by myself. The car is not due another service for approx 3k miles.
Condition: No visible rust anywhere on bodywork or sills, minor light scratches on a couple of bumper corners, may polish out. a few minor trolley dings on a couple of its doors all in line with its age, dentmaster should be able to fix. One small dent on o/s rear quarter panel (Which I have tried to show in some additional photos). The car still looks really smart when washed/waxed/polished.

Price: £695 or nearest sensible offer.

I have owned the car for the last eight years and am its second owner, the car has been truly great, totally reliable and has never let me down. I bought it when it had 120k miles on the clock. I searched for many years for a replacement Green Alcantara drivers seat and eventually found a complete set and spent over £300 having the drivers seat bolster replaced and new seat cover restitched and fitted, the cars interior is immaculate and I will also include the remaining seat covers and trim to go with the car. Also included in the sale are a set of brand new rear discs and brake pads, a new Diesel fuel filter and new Ancillary belt. During my ownership I have gathered some additional spare parts, which include rear light units, headlight units, Power steering pumps, Alternator, door trim parts, trim parts etc which will be included. If you check the cars MOT history you can see that I have replaced parts as they became due, for example both n/s and o/s track rod ends, n/s front spring, all of the rear brake pipes etc. The car also has a stainless steel back exhaust box and the alloy wheels on the car are MG Mirage 5 spoke 17" wheels including the spare wheel. The original Gridspokes have been sold. They all have locking wheel nuts. The tyres are all good and the spare is as new/ unused. The car looks completely original inside and it still has its fully working Kenwood radio/cd head unit and 6 disc disc changer in the boot. The car boot is 99% leak free with just the occasional tiny wet spot on the boot floor panel, the rear light seals were replaced and the bottom of rear windscreen has had silicon sealant applied from inside the boot. The rear number plate lights were replaced with LED lights. The car drives spot on with no warning lights. During my ownership I have replaced a few other parts, namely the Crankshaft pulley assembly, the engine fuel pump and the battery. One tiny niggle is the IPK check control display has lost a few pixels, it can still just be read for MPG, Range etc. The EGR was removed at 120k thoroughly cleaned then replaced.
This is quite a rare ZT as its one of only two Automatic saloons produced in Goodwood Green with the Green Alcantara seats. The car has never let me down during over 50 thousand miles of driving and still drives beautifully.
I have recently bought a Honda CRV as my wife found getting in and out of the ZT a bit to low for her. I have only done a few hundred miles since its last MOT and its a shame to leave it sitting, as its a car that needs to be driven. There is a file full of receipts that date back to when the car was made, I even have the original sales brochures advertising the ZT range. I really want it to go to a club member as I know it will be looked after. With a little work this car would be a stunner. When I first bought it I did show it at some of the clubs events. I will add more information as I think of it, if anyone has any questions please message me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Owner of a 2004 model Aquamarine Goodwood Green (HQM) MG ZT+ CDTI 160bhp Auto MKII Facelift
It is the 11th of a total of 88 Goodwood Green diesel facelift ZT saloons to be built (there were 65 facelift diesel Goodwood Green ZT Tourers built too)The car was the 55th of 73 MG ZTs to come off the line that day.5 saloons were fitted with Green Alcantara, this was the first of those 5, only two were automatics, this being one.

Last edited by Guardian50; 2nd November 2019 at 15:04.. Reason: Adding information
Guardian50 is offline   Reply With Quote