Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2021, 18:17   #1
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts
Thumbs up Jaguar X Type for sale

Anyone interested in one of these? elderly neighbour is thinking of scrapping it but it's far too good for that fate. Grey, diesel, been ceramic coated, professionally undersealed. Over 100k miles (not sure) only spoke to him tonight. Any more details I'll find out if there's interest. He's only looking for £2-300. New tyres, new intercooler thingy Lovely looking car
54 plate
Old 7th September 2021, 19:00   #2
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Is that 2 to 3 hundred ?
Old 7th September 2021, 19:17   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlan View Post
Is that 2 to 3 hundred ?
It is, yes
Old 7th September 2021, 19:44   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Budget on sills, I have seen many of these that are immaculate on top but once the sill covers are removed they are very rusty. Even those that are undersealed as the underseal does not get as far as the sills unless the covers have been removed.

My MOT tester was showing me one that was owned by an old boy, looked almost like new until it was up on the lift and underside was so bad it was beyond economical repair. The sad part was the car had only done mid 20'sk miles and the owner was almost in tears as he thought his Jag would see him out.
Old 7th September 2021, 19:54   #5
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

If there was an olympic event for rusty sills the X-type would win the gold medal . It is staggering how those things can rust there , even though they look nice everywhere else !
Old 7th September 2021, 20:01   #6
suzublu
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Budget on sills, I have seen many of these that are immaculate on top but once the sill covers are removed they are very rusty. Even those that are undersealed as the underseal does not get as far as the sills unless the covers have been removed.

My MOT tester was showing me one that was owned by an old boy, looked almost like new until it was up on the lift and underside was so bad it was beyond economical repair. The sad part was the car had only done mid 20'sk miles and the owner was almost in tears as he thought his Jag would see him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
If there was an olympic event for rusty sills the X-type would win the gold medal . It is staggering how those things can rust there , even though they look nice everywhere else !
I haven't checked the car closely, only found out about it tonight
I know nothing about Jags, but I'll have a proper look if anyone wants me to
Old 8th September 2021, 18:26   #7
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
Having had a 2004 S and 2009 X type, I will never touch another Jag. The quality is just not there.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:24   #8
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

You are so right! Took mine in for a new flexi for the exhaust and was quoted £800 for corrosion related repairs. Add to that it needed discs all round, it wasn't worth the money and that was a late 2009 model. I know they weren't conning me because they showed me.
Closed Thread