Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2018, 19:16   #61
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Just when you think............................

.............................................. You'll get away with a cracking day.

This selling business is all new to me, not used to people turning up at different times, via appointments, it has thrown me out a bit. So I decided no viewings after Noon today. Need a bit of time to myself.

So, the only viewing today was at 11am. Nice couple with a wee child. Had a good look round and I answered all there questions. And they left.
The rain had now turned to snow, not settling to begin with, but then it was settling mainly on the cars. I had planned to attend the MGRSE meet at the Halfway House, been revived from being mothballed awhile back. But decided against going.

So the plan was to chill out and gave a leisurely lunch and watch the snooker on the box. Then the phone rang, it was my good friend Bob, fancy a beer he asked, about 4pm in the Unicorn. Mmmmm!!!!! Ok then said I. So my lunch was not so leisurely, watched a bit of the snooker. Hat, gloves and coat on and down to the pub. I left the gas fire on low, be nice and toasty when I got home. Left the porch light on and to the pub I went.

Came home to total darkness, other than the glow of the gas fire. We've had a power cut. Must be the first one for about 5 years. So I rang national grid who informed that there was a problem. The engineers had made a temporary repair and would be back tomorrow to carry out a full repair. TOMORROW!!!!!!!! What about my elderly neighbour's? How were they supposed to cope. Not the fault of the bloke on the other end of the phone.

Oh! Well! At least the iPad has power, hence this report. And I have a good supply of candles. Plus a reasonable stock of single Malt.

Just have to wait then.........................

I spy with my little eye something beginning with D.....................

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 19:40   #62
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

All the very best Bob looking forward too your updates and tours you have In mind.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 19:41   #63
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
.............................................. You'll get away with a cracking day.

This selling business is all new to me, not used to people turning up at different times, via appointments, it has thrown me out a bit. So I decided no viewings after Noon today. Need a bit of time to myself.

So, the only viewing today was at 11am. Nice couple with a wee child. Had a good look round and I answered all there questions. And they left.
The rain had now turned to snow, not settling to begin with, but then it was settling mainly on the cars. I had planned to attend the MGRSE meet at the Halfway House, been revived from being mothballed awhile back. But decided against going.

So the plan was to chill out and gave a leisurely lunch and watch the snooker on the box. Then the phone rang, it was my good friend Bob, fancy a beer he asked, about 4pm in the Unicorn. Mmmmm!!!!! Ok then said I. So my lunch was not so leisurely, watched a bit of the snooker. Hat, gloves and coat on and down to the pub. I left the gas fire on low, be nice and toasty when I got home. Left the porch light on and to the pub I went.

Came home to total darkness, other than the glow of the gas fire. We've had a power cut. Must be the first one for about 5 years. So I rang national grid who informed that there was a problem. The engineers had made a temporary repair and would be back tomorrow to carry out a full repair. TOMORROW!!!!!!!! What about my elderly neighbour's? How were they supposed to cope. Not the fault of the bloke on the other end of the phone.

Oh! Well! At least the iPad has power, hence this report. And I have a good supply of candles. Plus a reasonable stock of single Malt.

Just have to wait then.........................

I spy with my little eye something beginning with D.....................
DrivetheV8toYorkandleaveinmydrive

Am i right Bob ?

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 19:52   #64
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Love the answer Gary.

onen hag oll
Old 21st January 2018, 20:12   #65
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Keep the candles well away from the malt!!!!!
Old 22nd January 2018, 08:00   #66
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Power back on for almost everyone....................

............................................... You can guess who the two flats without power? Yup! Us. Downstairs and me, upstairs. After both of us, my neighbour and I, repeatedly phoned National Grid a couple of engineers arrived at 11.45pm. They first checked the sub station. All ok there. But no power from the street into downstairs. That's where my power comes in as well.

1am and another van arrives with two more engineers. Now they need one of the cars taken off of the hard standing, neither being mine. So Hayley, my neighbour, moves her partners car off and parks up in the road. ((Her other half is away on a course)).

2.30am and a third van arrives towing a generator, which is now parked on the hard standing, and both wheels are clamped. Connected the cables up to the power supply downstairs and hey! Presto! We have power.
Well at least all the stuff in the freezer was saved. Just now have to re-set the clock on the cooker.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:33   #67
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
We have power.
Well at least all the stuff in the freezer was saved. Just now have to re-set the clock on the cooker.

If you are on a genny, its pointless setting any clocks - they will need resetting when they put you back on mains supply..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:12   #68
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post

If you are on a genny, its pointless setting any clocks - they will need resetting when they put you back on mains supply..
Would love to post pictures but the lap top refuses to post them on here. Been like that since the forum had some downtime before Xmas. As for the cooker clock you need a PHD in science to figure it out.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:35   #69
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
............................................... You can guess who the two flats without power? Yup! Us. Downstairs and me, upstairs.
There must be a big trend in electric cars in your street Bob.
All your neighbours plugged in there EV's all at the same time and used up everyone's power. lol

Quote:
2.30am and a third van arrives towing a generator, which is now parked on the hard standing, and both wheels are clamped.
Blooming ek!
Well done to vans 1, 2 & 3 for coming out to your rescue Bob, that is what we like to see... great stuff.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:59   #70
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Hey, is "Genny" nice looking?, has she got a mate?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote