Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2009, 19:23   #1
NikTheGeek
Gets stuck in

2002 Range Rover P38

Default CTD 0-60 speed and sport mode

A couple of questions if I may as I've been playing on an empty road tonight.

1. It may be my imagination, but since doing the EGR clean and disconnect and cleaning the PCV filter, there is a distinct lack of difference between normal and sport mode now. Before there was a huge difference, now normal mode feels like sport and sport doesn't feel any different. It isn't really a complaint since the car is so much better than before. But timing it, the 0-60 times in both modes are identical. No difference. Is that to be expected? Sport does work as if I do a steay 50 in normal and switch sport mode on, the gear box changes down on its own.

2. What is a reasonably good 0-60 time on a CDT with EGR disconencted, serviced, but no Synergy or other tuning mods? I'm getting 10 secs and I'm sure the reviews say it should be 12! Anyone else care to post theirs?

tnx

Nick
NikTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 20:27   #2
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Nik, Nik, Nik, what are we to do with you, now then, 0 to 60 figures are meaningless in the real world, you are only interested in in-gear accelaration, say for example 30 to 50 in third, or more interestingly , 50 to 70 in fourth, now try that one as you join the motorway from slip road for example, and see how the boys get separated from the men, to be sure. Thans where your should be concentrating, the R75 is a gentleman's car not a vandal, if you want 0-60 figs get an Imprezza.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 20:44   #3
NikTheGeek
Gets stuck in

2002 Range Rover P38

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Nik, Nik, Nik, what are we to do with you, now then, 0 to 60 figures are meaningless in the real world, you are only interested in in-gear accelaration, say for example 30 to 50 in third, or more interestingly , 50 to 70 in fourth, now try that one as you join the motorway from slip road for example, and see how the boys get separated from the men, to be sure. Thans where your should be concentrating, the R75 is a gentleman's car not a vandal, if you want 0-60 figs get an Imprezza.
Hey, I'm just testin! Anyway 9 secs from 50-70. Tested that too. And not on a slope either
NikTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote