Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2021, 16:30   #1
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts
Default Simple Remote Wiring

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/433MHz-12...24139568751?_t
Not simple to me. Could some kind soul tell me how to wire it please? FBH is a 92255B
Thanks
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 10:10   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Heddy,

Scroll down to the "12v output voltage control wiring diagram".

There is a 3-way terminal block on the left and right sides of the circuit board. Connect your car's positive 12v supply to the lower terminal on both blocks (as shown by the red line, slightly too high!).
Connect your car's earth connection to the upper terminal on the left hand block.

The "load" is the equipment which you want to switch, your FBH.
Connect the FBH's positive wire to the centre terminal on the circuit board's right hand connector block.
Connect the FBH's negative wire to the upper terminal on the circuit board's left hand connector block (this already contains your car's earth connection so has two wires in it).

I hope that helps but if not please do come back with any questions.

Simon
Old 18th January 2021, 16:51   #3
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thank you so much, will give it a go.
Old 21st January 2021, 12:34   #4
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Well, I tried, I failed. Got clicking and a red light on the relay but nothing from the fbh. I'm thinking it may be goosed, never worked since I got the car but then there wasn't a dosing pump fitted. There's things posted regarding 'Pin 3' to earth but can't find pics telling me where pin 3 is. Got the fbh from my old car to fit so I know that one works. Thanks for the input.
Old 22nd January 2021, 09:17   #5
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Default Update

Thought I'd give it one last chance, it's below 5 degrees this morning so I took off the receiver and started up as I got it. It fired up! The dosing pump took a while to get fuel through but it's now working fine. Now to the remote operation, I noticed the FBH is a 66232C and not a 98570B This means it requires 12v to Pin 3 and not an earth to test, did this and it again fired up.

Does this information alter the way the receiver is wired?

I'm keen to get this up and running now I know the thing isn't dead. Your help very welcome, and thanks again for the info so far.
Heddy.
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:15   #6
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
This means it requires 12v to Pin 3 and not an earth to test, did this and it again fired up ... Does this information alter the way the receiver is wired? ... Your help very welcome, and thanks again for the info so far.
Hello Heddy,

I'm glad that your FBH is working. I have the wiring diagram but no other information at present. I assume that your car didn't have a remote controlled FBH which is why you've bought this accessory, am I right?

If so, can you tell me exactly how you've connected your aftermarket receiver/relay to your FBH (giving the modules involved, the pin numbers and wiring colours). Maybe in the meantime a diesel owner with electrical knowledge will be able better to answer your question.

Simon
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:51   #7
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Earth connection to the top terminal of the left connector in the diagram, 12v feed to bottom left. Also 12v to the centre (common) terminal on the right connector and feed to FBH to the bottom (normally open) terminal.
When the 'On' button is pressed, the common terminal is connected to the normally open terminal, which will switch on the FBH.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:11   #8
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
Earth connection to the top terminal of the left connector in the diagram, 12v feed to bottom left. Also 12v to the centre (common) terminal on the right connector and feed to FBH to the bottom (normally open) terminal.
When the 'On' button is pressed, the common terminal is connected to the normally open terminal, which will switch on the FBH.
Hi Ray,

You'll see from my post no. 2 that I've explained how to wire the remote control receiver (except you've swapped the connections on the output, any reason for that?). What Heddy's asking now is something about pin 3 on the FBH. Can you help him with that?

Simon
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:47   #9
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The right hand connector is connected to the relay contacts, which act as a two way switch. When the relay is off, the common terminal is connected to the normally closed terminal, when the relay is on, it is connected to the normally open terminal.
As Heddy has found, there were two types of FBH, one switched on by an earth connection to terminal 3 of the FBH, the other by a 12v connection. His just needs 12v to terminal 3 to turn the FBH on.

Last edited by raykay; 22nd January 2021 at 17:05..
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2021, 18:02   #10
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Hey guys, I appreciate your comments but talk of relays, NC, NO and COMMON etc doesn't mean a great deal to me. Bearing in mind the fbh fires up when +12v is applied to Pin 3 on the fbh I just need a diagram of the receiver that utilises that connection (makes it live when the button is pressed) This may be glaringly obvious to yourselves but my experience is mechanical.
Cheers.