Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2021, 16:55   #21
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Well done all for getting this sorted 👍👍
Old 13th July 2021, 18:39   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well done to all. It’s nice when things go right for a change. More warping now Bob?
Old 13th July 2021, 19:12   #23
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Well done to all. It’s nice when things go right for a change. More warping now Bob?
Oh! Yes. Cannot wait to get travelling again.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2021, 20:21   #24
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
…………………………….. there is a bright yellow orb in the sky.

Matt was able to come down today, our first day without rain and wind for 12 days. Even the trip down was against him with a few accidents plus roadworks, but he arrived ok.
First job was to get the kettle on for a coffee.

Then out to Banana. Bonnet up and multi meter on the electrics. Nothing showing. Battery ok. Into the fuse box under the glovebox Matt delved.
Fuse 28 along with a few others were in a bad looking way. So they were all changed. All the contacts were cleaned.
Next was the inertia switch plug, ah! That looked as if it had been arcing as one of the connectors looked a bit burnt.

So with all the fuses replaced, connectors and plug cleaned it was time to see if she would start.
Ignition on, oh! The pump was priming. Turned the key and she was away. Ticking over as if nothing had happened.

Matt thumped the inertia switch and nothing happened, no warning lights, no hazards. Matt thumped it again, and still nothing. I revved the engine, oh! What a glorious sound. My baby was back.
Matt then tidied up all the wiring and screwed everything back in place. And put the glovebox back in.
I was then instructed to take her for a run whilst Matt went for a tinkle and a cold drink.

I took Banana down the bumpy road, waiting for the inertia switch to cut in. But she ran her usual sweet self. Drove around the block and back home, purring all the way.

I cannot thank, both Dave Lincs and Matt Darke, enough for getting Banana back up and running. I’ll be forever be in there debt.

And many thanks to everyone who has chipped in with various bits of advice. Plus so many pm’s and text messages telling me not to give up hope and that with the help of the club she would be back and good to go for another 211,000 miles. I just want the “Moon” sticker. Current mileage is 211,935.
Glad all is now OK Bob just pleased we got it sorted between us
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2021, 17:17   #25
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool More good news re Banana

For some time the outside temperature sensor has failed to work. So I took Banana back to Matt’s today to see if he could work out why the sensor wouldn’t work. Trikey had kindly sent me another sensor, plus Matt had a few spare. It wasn’t easy working 32 degrees but Matt gradually found out the problem.
Nothing wrong with the sensor itself but tracing the wiring back where it runs along the bottom of the bumper till we got to the plug by the n/s/f wing.

It turned out that the plug itself was at fault. So with that Matt bypassed the plug and spliced in temporary cable so see if it would work. Nothing, the reading still stood at -30. So I suggested that we disconnect the battery and do a re-set. We left the battery disconnected whilst we had lunch and a cool drink or two.

Battery reconnected and Yay! The reading was now 43. A quick phone call to Dave Lincs who said to take the car for a run and the temperature sensor would re-set itself.
Matt tidied up all the wiring and refitted the sensor to the bumper via a bracket and screwed the bracket in under the grill fitting.

Final job was to re-fit the drivers door card, the old one was broken. Matt put all new clips in.

After a cuppa I left and drove Banana home. It was so good to see that temperature working again. It finally settled at 28.5 all the way down the A38.

I’m everso grateful for all of Matt’s hard work along with verbal assistance from Dave. Plus the free sensor from Andy.

So glad to know so many good friends.

And to top it off Banana tripped over onto 212,000 miles.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:37   #26
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

That's great Bob, As always I'm here if you ever need anything
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 16:59   #27
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Back to Matt’s

Banana has been back to Matt’s again today. The spotlight unit that had become detached has been glued back into place. The restoration garage broke the tabs off and had glued the assemblies back in, but not very well.

Matt cleaned out the throttle body, but we now have a new one on order. Tick-over is certainly a lot better but Matt said to get another body, I did have two that I got off of OxfordBlue75, but I cannot find them.

onen hag oll
Old 21st August 2021, 17:07   #28
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Tick-over is certainly a lot better but Matt said to get another body, I did have two that I got off of OxfordBlue75, but I cannot find them.
You know you're gonna find them after the new one arrives

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2021, 17:32   #29
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
You know you're gonna find them after the new one arrives
You can never have too many spares. Especially 1.8t or even 260’s.

onen hag oll