Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th September 2021, 09:25   #1
Paultee

None at the moment

Default Thought I would say hello and why I am here...

Was a member a number of years ago.....but let's start with the reason why I am back.

We have a house in SW France that we are in the process of selling. We have done the UK equivalent of exchanging contracts and waiting for the end of November to complete.

We are just pxing an estate, that was full to the brim bringing back personal stuff, all other things sold, car for a 4 seater convertible and subsequently realised that we will not get what is left to come back in to the convertible. So need an estate and knowing the 75/ZT thought buy one to go back down to France and then sell it when we get back.So if you have a cheap reliable extate for sale, 75 or ZT-T then let me know.

Had Rovers for about 35 years including lots of P6s with one of them being a prototype and another a development car. Then on to 2 Rover 800s and then to a LR Discovery. Bought the house in France and just about to drive down when 2nd gear on the auto box went on strike. Desperately needed an estate (the rear part for the dog). Amazingly, on Autotrader there were only 2 listed and we bought the Connie SE in Moonstone with Sandstone interior. It had 90k miles on it and the clutch had been changed at 73k. For the next 5 years it went down to SW France and never any problems. For retirement a low mileage facelift was purchased. It was in Firefrost with the ebony interior....really wanted sandstone. After 5 years and taking the mileage to 130k decided I could no longer live with the ebony and the grey parts of the upholstery looked dirty. Did contemplate buying a car with good sanstone interior, swapping them over then selling the donor car. Instead I bought a Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav in 2017. Coming back from France in 2020 my wife commented 'next time you buy a vauxhall get one with Rover 75 seats. Thought did turn to another 75 estate and just missed one that sounded excellemt. Ended up with a Jaguar XF estate. As we are in the process of selling the house in France it will now mean holidays instead of switching between our UK and France homes and touring around Europe hence the purchase of a convertible pxing the Jag.....and then the realisation that we need an estate for our trip to collect the rest of the stuff and why I am back here.
Paultee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2021, 20:13   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultee View Post
Was a member a number of years ago.....but let's start with the reason why I am back.

We have a house in SW France that we are in the process of selling. We have done the UK equivalent of exchanging contracts and waiting for the end of November to complete.

We are just pxing an estate, that was full to the brim bringing back personal stuff, all other things sold, car for a 4 seater convertible and subsequently realised that we will not get what is left to come back in to the convertible. So need an estate and knowing the 75/ZT thought buy one to go back down to France and then sell it when we get back.So if you have a cheap reliable extate for sale, 75 or ZT-T then let me know.

Had Rovers for about 35 years including lots of P6s with one of them being a prototype and another a development car. Then on to 2 Rover 800s and then to a LR Discovery. Bought the house in France and just about to drive down when 2nd gear on the auto box went on strike. Desperately needed an estate (the rear part for the dog). Amazingly, on Autotrader there were only 2 listed and we bought the Connie SE in Moonstone with Sandstone interior. It had 90k miles on it and the clutch had been changed at 73k. For the next 5 years it went down to SW France and never any problems. For retirement a low mileage facelift was purchased. It was in Firefrost with the ebony interior....really wanted sandstone. After 5 years and taking the mileage to 130k decided I could no longer live with the ebony and the grey parts of the upholstery looked dirty. Did contemplate buying a car with good sandstone interior, swapping them over then selling the donor car. Instead I bought a Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav in 2017. Coming back from France in 2020 my wife commented 'next time you buy a Vauxhall get one with Rover 75 seats. Thought did turn to another 75 estate and just missed one that sounded excellent. Ended up with a Jaguar XF estate. As we are in the process of selling the house in France it will now mean holidays instead of switching between our UK and France homes and touring around Europe hence the purchase of a convertible pxing the Jag.....and then the realisation that we need an estate for our trip to collect the rest of the stuff and why I am back here.
Get a vehicle with a tow bar and buy a trailer.---You can get more in a trailer than even in an estate car, and it'd be cheaper in the long run.

PS.. What went wrong with France ??---

What a waste, all that French you learnt.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 19:35   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

He seems to have vanished again.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2021, 19:40   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

He was on yesterday morning. Perhaps he didn't want to say the reason for leaving France.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote