Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th July 2021, 16:55   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Another lockdown?

What’s the betting on another (partial?) lockdown or is freedom day irreversible?
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2021, 17:31   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

covid cases are increasing and whats the betting we, the public will on a large scale abandon any sense of caution.

We know the risks, we have seen the stats surly we can take steps to keep save?
with cases increasing it seems we cant use our own brain and if the government tell us "its safe" to step off a cliff we will.

If there is another lock down who do we blame, not me of course its not my fault. Its never my fault it is always someone elses..... funny thing is... everyone else says the same thing.

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 16th July 2021 at 13:04.. Reason: spelling error
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2021, 17:57   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I would say another partial lockdown is almost inevitable.Will the masses comply next time having got their freedom's back?People are very weary of the virus now and a lot of businesses probably wouldn't survive further restrictions.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2021, 17:59   #4
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Since when have the, any, stats been reliable? The same question to HMGOV?

You can't blame people for mistrusting those who think they can fudge issues and take part in whatever the heck they choose to do without the slightest embarrassment or second thought. Or even allowing dozens of fatcats from footie to come in unchecked without so much as a questionaire. And then wine and dine them because it's only footie. What else is going on that isn't footie but considered worth keeping under wraps?

Now they resort to threats to reinforce the bluff with a velvet glove hiding a horseshoe. Moral blackmail only works with the weak willed or the gullible. Just my singular take on it of course. Stay safe, buy a motor cycle helmet and a Martindale heavy suit.
Old 15th July 2021, 19:03   #5
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Covid cases are increasing and what's the betting we, the public, will on a large scale abandon any sense of caution.

We know the risks, we have seen the stats, surely we can take steps to keep safe?
With cases increasing it seems we can't use our own brains and if the government tells us "it's safe" to step off a cliff we will.

If there is another lock down who do we blame, not me of course it's not my fault. It's never my fault, it is always someone else's..... funny thing is... everyone else says the same thing.

macafee2
As far as I can see there hasn't been much of a sense of caution right from the off.---Common sense should have prevailed but unfortunately there's not a lot of it about.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2021, 13:08   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

IF a double jabed person becomes infected with covid, for how long can they transmit it to others?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2021, 15:13   #7
mbev51
Banned

Removed

My son has just tested positive today, he is double vaccinated, just feeling mildly unwell.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2021, 18:06   #8
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A friend of my wifes is a nurse in the John Radcliffe hospital, Oxford as we have been hearing on the news this week is a Covid hot spot. They have 2 patients in intensive care with Covid and both are expected to make a full recovery. Both are in the 30's.

The wifes went into work this week on Wednesday for the first time in several months as she has been working from home and the rest of the office has Track and Trace app 10 day isolation has pinged up on there phones but not her's. How does that work? She was in the same office as all of them for 8 + hours yet her App has not given her a warning, she will be doing daily tests just to be safe.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2021, 18:17   #9
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Wealth before health but if we don't open up we will be a third world country, up to our necks in debt. I'm glad that it is not my decision. I can and will continue with mask wearing (despite being clinically exempt) as I have chronic asthma and this thing, or flu, can kill people like me!
Old 16th July 2021, 18:39   #10
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There are lots of those - infected after vaccination - some known and more than likely many unknown. It's necessary to make it work, those uninfected and vaccinated are not immune. What an almighty built-in get-out clause.

Unknown and therefore unidentified and unidentifiable. We don't know who they are, where they are, and more importantly who they are infecting, both vacced and non-vacced.

They are a greater risk to public health than the non-vaxxed. The old adage of None-so-Pure-as-the-Purified comes to mind. As invalid a projection as it ever was. No Pings here.

Take a cold hard-faced look at the new reality, regain your inbuilt self-preservation instincts and take your very own personal safety to heart. Trust only yourself in these storms of lies and half truths.

Is that vainglorious pub visit worth it? What, just for a pint? Who the hell needs a session in the pool hall to prove a point? Holiday? Have an upgraded one next year, you'll get a lot more out of it.

My family, who incidentally still have absolutely no idea of my feelings on the subject, have come to the same conclusions as I have. See, innate heredity at work. Good luck in your belief, see you on the other side. Maybe.