Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd March 2018, 08:38   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Gold Resistor Change.

If I wanted to change the resistor to the upgraded gold one, what would be involved, as I don't have the knowledge to do this it would have to be someone who could do it for me without too much hassle.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 09:44   #2
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

it's not too difficult a job - the front bumper needs to come off and the battery disconnected - the tricky part is working between the fan blades to access the resistor - the kit i received came with Good instructions I did have to drill new mounting holes in the new resistor, I'm sure this was in the instructions too

As long as the new resistor is mounted securely and not fouling the fan blades and, Make sure the heatshrink seals the connections properly

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 09:56   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

If it's a mk1 then you only need to remove the grill and the ducting behind. it's possible to do it between the fan blades - although with care the fanblade can also be dropped from it's motor. it's true that it's easier with the bumper off as you can completely remove the fanblade. depends how 'fat'/stiff your hands and fingers are. Removing the bumper isn't usually difficult - but you may find some fasteners need replacing to put it back, it's (the bumper) is easier to remove and replace if you have an extra pair of hands available.

Dont forget to disconnect the battery!

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:12   #4
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Julian.
I have answered your same question on the nano thread we can take a look then, being that you will already have the bumper off to change your grill.

It is most certainly better to remove the bumper, also the crash bar this will give you more access through the fan blade, personally I would not remove the fan blade as this can damage the fragile lugs on the back of the fan blade which in turn helps to force it forward, this helps make it secure after locking into place.

Also if the bumper is off no need to disconnect the battery, but instead unplug the fan from the main loom, look in the right hand passenger side inner wing, once unplugged the fan will have no power going to it.

Link below for those interested.
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=216869

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 18th October 2018 at 21:44.. Reason: Spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote