Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th January 2018, 08:10   #136781
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all, some photos from the garden this morning....

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 08:20   #136782
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Morning Rav, sorry to learn of your sleeping problem! The other half has had this type of sleep pattern and was advised that it was wise to keep off "blue light "( computer screens,phones etc) after 9pm as this keeps the brain active.Also a hot milky drink just before you go to bed.
Hope this helps.
Dave.
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 09:11   #136783
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Well - that was a strange night - 11.00pm, heavy rain; midnight. sharp frost; early hours of the morning, heavy snow. I quite enjoyed laying under the duvet listening to neighbours scraping their windscreens before heading off to work

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 09:18   #136784
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Morning all boy has it been windy over night .
Typical its wheelie bin day this morning all the bins put out over night are blown over including mine.
Same here.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 09:36   #136785
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Those are beautiful pictures of your garden Phil, wow that blue ski though, I cant remember the last time I saw that colour.
It's grey & peeing down here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 10:29   #136786
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, some photos from the garden this morning....

Hello Phil.
Lovely photos just what we need over here to brighten our lives up, spring cant come quick enough, well our part finished new roof stood up to the high winds we had last night, mind you we were awake most of the times getting quite concerned.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 10:35   #136787
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I struggle to go to bed early...
I’m up having not had a minutes sleep last night. I just had some breakfast. I have to go to the garage shortly about getting my car repaired and then meant to be meeting a friend for coffee. I’m feeling quite tired now but I won’t sleep now. I know that If I sleep at all during the day, I definitely won’t sleep a wink tonight. So, I can’t go to bed until about 10-11pm tonight at the earliest otherwise it will mess me up.
Hi Rav.

Getting quite concerned there has to be an underlying problem, Rav you must be worrying about something at the back of your mind, is it money worries,, car worries, or something else, if it is personal get it off your chest talk to someone about it in confidence, you simply cannot go on like this,

All the very Best.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 14:33   #136788
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Hello Phil.
Lovely photos just what we need over here to brighten our lives up, spring cant come quick enough, well our part finished new roof stood up to the high winds we had last night, mind you we were awake most of the times getting quite concerned.

Julien
Thank you Julien, I wanted to take some photos of the garden and the flowers before I get the flight to London tomorrow night. When I get back, those flowers especially the wild roses will have gone. I can understand your restlessness last night during those high winds and bad weather today, a test for any roof to have to pass. Last year we lost a roof in a storm one night in South Africa. After that, we found a good roofer who replaced every tile and secured each one with a nail and a clip.
It’s been hot today 31C and is just beginning to cool down. Got this photo off the car this afternoon. Hopefully this bad weather in the UK is going to break, it’s time you good people had something better coming your way.

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 16:26   #136789
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Wide awake again. It sound bad, but the last few nights I’ve been having some horrible thoughts about death and some awful nightmares...
No help to your problem but you are not on your own,i have suffered with death thoughts all my life. My older sisters tell me i used to cry myself to sleep when very young with these thoughts. I was sent for counselling a few years ago,but it did not help. I still have these thoughts fairly often at 72yrs of age.
One example a few weeks ago i had a dream that i was at a funeral,could not make out the faces,woke up suddenly with a deep intake of hot breath,for a few seconds later i had the taste of ash on my lips.
Hope i have not added to your problem.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 17:00   #136790
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

EDIT: I have just woken off after nodding off for three hours. I feel exhausted but will now try and catch some sleep tonight but that may be more difficult now. I tried to stay up but it got the better of me. I must if switched off almost immediately after I lay down as I don’t re,e,bed much. Best three hours sleep in several days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Rav, try going to bed earlier, have a read and chill. Don't try and force yourself to sleep let it come naturally. I have found the more you think about it, the harder it is to nod off. Also a radio on nice and low can help but not anything like hip-hop music, audio book's are supposed to do the trick..
I will try and get to sleep earlier this evening and give that a go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Think you should have a holiday with Steve in the beacon hills and count the sheep.
(dont forget the wellingtons come in handy I here)

Seriously may be see your doctor there could be some under lying reason.
Yep, I think I should probably go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Rav, you seem to be losing alot of sleep, dont drive very far ,you havent got full alertness, and it realky is time to seek medical advice. You arent doing yourself any favours by outting off, please mate go see your doc, before something bad happens.
I think you might be right. I’ll get round to seeing the doc soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post
Morning Rav, sorry to learn of your sleeping problem! The other half has had this type of sleep pattern and was advised that it was wise to keep off "blue light "( computer screens,phones etc) after 9pm as this keeps the brain active.Also a hot milky drink just before you go to bed.
Hope this helps.
Dave.
Yes, I’ve heard about this. I do use my iPad quite a lot in bed but it emits the warm light that apparently is better then blue light. Not sure how much of a difference this makes, if any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Hi Rav.

Getting quite concerned there has to be an underlying problem, Rav you must be worrying about something at the back of your mind, is it money worries,, car worries, or something else, if it is personal get it off your chest talk to someone about it in confidence, you simply cannot go on like this,

All the very Best.

Rev
Cheers, Rev. My mind is always active when I’m in bed. I can’t switch off like most people can. I think of a wide number of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
No help to your problem but you are not on your own,i have suffered with death thoughts all my life. My older sisters tell me i used to cry myself to sleep when very young with these thoughts. I was sent for counselling a few years ago,but it did not help. I still have these thoughts fairly often at 72yrs of age.
One example a few weeks ago i had a dream that i was at a funeral,could not make out the faces,woke up suddenly with a deep intake of hot breath,for a few seconds later i had the taste of ash on my lips.
Hope i have not added to your problem.
Thanks. I have had thoughts of death quite often. Not just during this spell but previous, too. It seems to be more evident when I’m taking certain pills...I’ll need to be more careful or try and maybe change times of when I take them...

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote