Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2011, 20:24   #1
Big B

Rover 75 saloon

Unhappy Rover 75 con se cdti - audio questions

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this site and to Rover! last night i bought a rover 75 cdti coni se. It's a 2003 "53" plate. It's the first time i have owned a Rover 75 and having a few issues with it's stereo. It is fitted with the Hi-line sat nav, i am currently facing the following issues:

1) it doesn't seem to pick up any FM signals, I've tried searching on manual and auto modes - no joy! but MW seem to work.

2) I'm assuming this may be related to the FM problem, but i can only seem to locate one TV channel.

3) I've tried to look everywhere in the menus, but, i can't seem to get the directional images to display on the dash screen located in the instrument panel (between the speed dial & rev count). - well actually, i'm not sure if it is should be displayed there - could anyone please shed some light on this.

I will appreciate anyones help in this matter. I hope someone can help. Regards. Big B.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 08:35   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hi Bharat and to the club.

To begin with, open the boot and lift the floor panel. Is the spare wheel well nice and dry; in other words, is there any rainwater there?

Also in the boot, on the driver's side inner wing, you should see the navigation CD ROM drive. With the engine running, is the small red LED illuminated? Is there a CD in the drive?

Regarding the TV reception, do you still have the analogue TV channels operational in Bedford? If your area has switched to digital your car's TV system will no longer work without modification.

Simon.

Last edited by SD1too; 12th March 2011 at 08:37..
SD1too is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 09:10   #3
Big B

Rover 75 saloon

Default Rover 75 con se cdti

Hi Simon, thankyou for your reply....it was very informative. Yes you're right! i completly forgot-analog tv is no more! just one other thing: if there is water in the spare wheel area, what does that mean and what should i do to ensure it does'nt happen in the future?

Thank you.

oh...the sat nav, works fine, it's just i'm not sure if the directional information can be displayed in the instumnet cluster display?
Old 12th March 2011, 10:11   #4
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
... if there is water in the spare wheel area, what does that mean and what should i do to ensure it does'nt happen in the future?
It means that rainwater is getting past a seal somewhere and running down to the lowest point: the spare wheel well. Finding the source is a case of meticulous inspection and leaving no possibility uninvestigated.

Quote:
... the sat. nav. works fine, it's just I'm not sure if the directional information can be displayed in the instrument cluster display?
The low-line system (using the Symphony radio-cassette) displays the navigation messages in the 'message centre': that's the oval display in between the speedometer and tachometer. The high-line system displays it on the LCD screen in the centre console which has the Germanic name of 'bordmonitor'.

Simon.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:34   #5
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

thread moved to the ICE forum,this forum is more dedicated to the answers you require..redirection left

and welcome to the club.

EDIT:
....and I have further moved it to the factory fit, High Line & Low Line Navigation Systems sub forum

Last edited by Reebs; 14th March 2011 at 07:26.. Reason: moved thread again, sorry
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 17:49   #6
Big B

Rover 75 saloon

Default Rover 75 con se cdti

Thank you, Simon, you're great. This might seem a silly question, but would the water in the boot have an effect on the radio function? is this a possible reason why I am having problems tuning into any FM stations?
Old 12th March 2011, 20:01   #7
SD1too

Sorry, I should explain that your radio unit is mounted in the spare wheel well. If this gets flooded, the radio (and the video module which is there as well) can exhibit strange faults, so that is why the first check you should make is for water ingress.

Simon.
Old 13th March 2011, 18:05   #8
burnsey

Rover 75 saloon

Hi don't know if you have solved your radio problem yet but I had the same problem - the radio went off and would only pick up one channel on medium wave and would not display the stations on the screen though the satnav, tv, cd and tape worked fine. After a few combinations I switched the radio on/off switch quickly half a dozen times and after -hey presto- it all worked fine - don't know how or why it worked but it did - may be worth a try - good luck

Peter
burnsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 07:22   #9
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Try this reset procedure for the high line ICE, it has worked on other units with the same problem that have been reported on here in the past. The procedure below came from the ICE/Electrical department of MG Rover Product Development.

ROVER 75 HIGH LINE ICE RADIO RESET PROCEDURE.

If the radio in this vehicle sticks on one station and you are unable to select anything other than tape or CD please carry out the following procedure to reset the unit.

1. Switch off unit using main on/off button (one with the orange triangle on the bottom right of the unit)

Switch on the unit using the same button

Within 8 seconds press and hold the TP button, on the unit, until the radio station read out re-appears and music etc can be heard

Switch off the unit again

Switch the unit back on and you can then select all radio bands along with CD, tape and tuner.

It's worth a try, good luck.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:10   #10
Big B

Rover 75 saloon

Unhappy

Hi just a quick question....I've just noticed a problem with the Hi-line unit this morning....none of the buttons seem to work....the little orange light doesn't switch on either, however, the Menu displays for TV etc is working. But i can't select the CD, Tape or radio...i've tried to select the TV...it switched to TV view, but none of the other buttons worked...i could'nt even go back to the menu display mode, I had to switch the car off then back on, only then it returned to the Menu option...What could this be? please help..oh! the volume control seems to work...can anyone please shed some light on this...as the only thing I have to listen to is the diesel engine.....

Last edited by Big B; 2nd April 2011 at 08:17..