Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th February 2015, 12:39   #11
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Hi Guys Just to Let you Know I Will Be finally Doing The Crankcase Gauzes From Tomorrow along with the clip for the fuel pump and replacing all the fuel rail seals
Would it be of any use to you guys if i took some photos of what im doing and posting them over the next few days as im doing the jobs ??
let me know what you think
cheers kev

Kev.......2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue Lovin IT
Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 12:47   #12
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Hi Guys Just to Let you Know I Will Be finally Doing The Crankcase Gauzes From Tomorrow along with the clip for the fuel pump and replacing all the fuel rail seals
Would it be of any use to you guys if i took some photos of what im doing and posting them over the next few days as im doing the jobs ??
let me know what you think
cheers kev
Yes please any information like this can be turned into a "How To"
for us who want to but are scared to try.
Old 18th February 2015, 19:39   #13
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default It Begins

ok I'm going to post up everything I'm going to be doing this year, which is quite a bit lol
I'm no writing genius and this isnt a how to, i just thought that i have a lot to strip down and if a bit of an explanation and a few pics, may help someone out who may be doing a completley different job, just to be able to see whats really under that cover lol, so apologies if its not very fluent D
Anyway the first job is going to be crankcase breathers and a slight coolant leak from what i believe is the coolant sensor
which is only 6 months old i may add, so here goes :
DSCN0378.jpg

ok so started stripping down, removed the engine cover to reveal this
DSCN0380.jpg

bit of tape on the breather pipe so ill get a replacement, removed all breathers and the Airbox, very easy to do just hold down the red clip and pull the pipe, the airbox was just a couple of screws and undo the intake pipe with a screwdriver and pull the pipe and the top of airbox away as one
DSCN0382.jpg

removed the fuel line and removed the wiring for the throttle, idle and purge valve
disconnected the accelerator cable and the rear support bar for the wiring from the black part of the intake manifold
disconected vis motors(both faulty)will be replacing these with stocktakes fancy all singing all dancing ones at the end of the month
undid an 8mm bolt that secures the pressure test pipe for the fuel rail and removed the 4 bolts securing the Black Manifold
DSCN0384.jpg
then proceeded to remove the manifold, to be honest it was pretty tight on and did require a lot of pressure to pull off
DSCN0385.jpg

More to Follow

Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Old 18th February 2015, 19:50   #14
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Continued ......

Ok so manifold removed
DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg
You will notice ive also removed the the front bank wiring, injector wiring and coil packs, coils are held in with a 8mm bolt undo that and pull them out, injector wiring is just plug and play

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

ok so thats it for today more to follow

Old 20th February 2015, 13:00   #15
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Ok mini update, ill post some pics later, i've removed the front bank injectors, only to find one has been broken and pathetically glued back in!!! also a funny glue like substance (im unfamilar with this substance) around all injector seals and to be honest their pretty shot, i'm a little unclear as to why they felt the need to remove these in the first place but they've definatley been bodged back in so i'm on the hunt for another injector to replace the broken one and i'm about to go and strip off the rear bank, ill do a better write up tonight

Old 20th February 2015, 16:31   #16
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

You've got some good pictures there which should go a long way to helping other v6 owners.

As for your injector seals, if you're referring to the upper seals that fit in to the fuel rail they're readily available on eBay and it is very easy to trap and damage these seals when refitting the fuel rail.

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 16:39   #17
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Thanks, ive already got the seal kit, ive just ordered the injector, ive got manifold seals and gaskets coming from dmgrs so parts wise im now pretty good, or rather will be when they turn up next week lol

Old 20th February 2015, 16:39   #18
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Good pictures, thanks for taking the time to show us
Old 20th February 2015, 16:43   #19
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Thanks, ive already got the seal kit, ive just ordered the injector, ive got manifold seals and gaskets coming from dmgrs so parts wise im now pretty good, or rather will be when they turn up next week lol
If you've removed the fuel rail from the injectors I find using a small smearing of engine oil over the seals and the inside surfaces of the fuel rail certainly does help reassembly.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 18:37   #20
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy143 View Post
As for your injector seals, if you're referring to the upper seals that fit in to the fuel rail they're readily available on eBay ..
And Land Rover dealers too, if there's one nearby.

Part number is MKD 000 010L

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 20th February 2015 at 18:42..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote