Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th November 2006, 10:30   #41
sydneymj
Loves to post

Member of the Copperleaf/Aubergine Leather Club

Smile On Ebay Fover 75 4.6 V8 260bhp Connoisseur SE Auto TV NAV

Just spotted this car ex MG Rover Rover 75 4.6 V8 with 150 Miles from new on Ebay for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-ROVER-75-...QQcmdZViewItem

Malcolm

Off_assembly_date Thursday, 10th March 2005 @ 11:46:02
Exterior Paint Ski Blue
Interior_Trim Sandstone Leather (Black Piping)

Was the 27,180th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
Was the 658th 75 Tourer 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 662
Vehicle was the 166th 75 Tourer in Ski Blue (code: JHI) to be made out of 189 Ski Blue 75 Tourers
sydneymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 10:42   #42
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

OMG is SLIVER

Nice looking car, now lets wait for the experts to pick up whats not right about it
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 12:00   #43
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

Far too many uses of RARE and YOU CAN'T GET THESE ANYWHERE ELSE.

SMC Have loads of brand new unregistered V8's in both MG and Rover configs. They are selling the Rovers for £20k and the MG's for £15k.

As I understand it (may well be wrong, only going by what I have read), the V8 engine is compliant with and certificated for the new 2007 EU emissions criteria, so there isn't the same need to sell or pre-reg these cars before Jan 1st.
Owners Club Member No. 86

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ine=1163024370 Gone but not forgotten....The Tank
Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate)
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 12:04   #44
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

That's Alex's with V8 badges everywhere!!

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 15:22   #45
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

I wonder what is going on there between both sellers? I do hope they don't start shilling on each others auctions to bump up the price now that they can do it virtually anonymously?

I am sure Palwing mentioned this practice a while ago

Last edited by Keith; 29th November 2006 at 15:35.. Reason: makes more sense now
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 15:33   #46
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

I have smudged this into the V8 thread about the same car

Something fishy going on, on Ebay me thinks
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 17:05   #47
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

Seems a bit odd - same car has re-appeared .

Done another 13 miles.

Still looks good though. Shame I cant afford the petrol
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 18:26   #48
palwing
Avid contributor

None

Default E-bay dealers and suspect bidding patterns

Hi Keith...yep, I have seen these V8's pop up recently on e-bay and get pulled within a couple of days of the auction starting. Then they re-appear for some reason or other. Something weird is going on with the bidding etc, just can't quite pin it down yet. Also, now E-bay have changed the Bidders ID to Bidder 1,2,3 etc it's even more confusing.

I am still suspicious of the two dealers who manage to get bids within an hour of EVERY auction pushing the price up to £8000 after only day two of a 10 day auction. Defies logic and human nature. As we talked about before, every one of their auctions follows the same pattern...ridiculously early bids and then a period of nothing until mid auction when the price gets "pushed" again. Finally, the "No Reserve" car gets a flurry of bids and goes for a normal price anyway. The "No Reserve" is bull5h1t in my opinion as the prices are so obviously manipulated. They have been getting away with it for ages.

I e-mailed one dealer, who does a similar stunt, and recently sold a 175k mile 75 Tourer 3 times at least. I followed the winning Zero feedback bidders and none of them got negative feedback for not completing the purchase. The dealer said that he never gave negative feedback in case the errant buyer did the same to him. Hmmmm......

Saying that, the cars look quite good, but IMHO you are certainly not bidding in a fair and free running auction. The price you end up paying is the same as anywhere else regardless of the auction. Amazing isn't it? Also, someone who starts the bidding NEVER ever wins the auction. AND, if the car is relisted, you never see the same people (who presumably were disappointed?) bid a 2nd time for the same car. Seems to me there's some callaboration going on.

Last edited by palwing; 29th November 2006 at 18:34.. Reason: To edit bad speling
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 04:28   #49
Welshtony

75 V8 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaikaman View Post
Well Keith, the biggest bits of kit are: the auto box, of course, which gives me somewhere to put my left foot, and the full leather. The missing shock absorber is not really needed. It is a necesary addition to the manual car so as to eliminate NVH, if I my understanding of Nic's (Rincewind) recent comment is correct. Also, the Rover has a centre exhaust box which I think the MG hasn't? Therefore quieter, just a subdued rumble- and I like quiet. Plus, there was no base - (non SE) Rover V8 model made, just connoisseur SE and contemporary SE. I acknowledge though we can miss out on 18ins wheels and a sun roof - two nice options
John
Mine came with a sunroof
Welshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 07:19   #50
palwing
Avid contributor

None

Question Cheap ZT-T relisted! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I have smudged this into the V8 thread about the same car

Something fishy going on, on Ebay me thinks
Sure is Keith..and I think this confirms it. I see the cheap ZT-T has been re-listed so go grab a "bargain"? Also, notice that the prevous Zero feedback winner (07866t) has not been left any negative feedback even though they presumably didn't go through with the purchase. Why is that?

This is all at odds with the instructions that say Zero feedback people must contact them first else bids will be removed. So, that means the previous winning bidder was approved by them and STILL they didn't complete...Hmmmm?? My guess is it was one bid too much in trying to push the price and they ended up winning their own auction..hence the re-list and no action on the winning bidder being taken. By the way, the errant approved Zero feedback bidder amazingly registered his E-bay account on 22 Jun 04 but has never used it! I wonder how many accounts this lot have?

Be careful out there, it's not as it seems sometimes.......no matter how good the cars seem. No reserve auction? ROFL!!! They're having a larf!

It will be interesting to see what it goes for this time! By the way, looks a reasonable ZT-T..but low spec so price is not far off the mark anyway. Looks like they want more?
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote