Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2015, 18:07   #11
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

And take them to trading standards
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 18:18   #12
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

How much fuel is your fuel gauge showing?
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 21:24   #13
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
And take them to trading standards
This as they are obviously not a proffesional outfit

Good luck with the repair

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 05:01   #14
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

NOW a Club Tourer was 1999 - 75 2.0Ltr Connoisseur SE petrol Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
Hi Karen a belated welcome to the 'club' I note this is your second 75 and that you joined way back in 2011 yet to date have posted just twice, both in this thread.

I cannot help but think of the money, time, effort and worry you could have saved by becoming more active here long ago.

General garages do not have the 'know how' to maintain our cars, and free really expert advice is available 24/7 from our members, and all for Free.

Don't become a stranger again, read the forums when you feel you have a problem, ask for advice before booking into any garage (unless one recommended here) and don't be shy or feel you're imposing, we hate to see people get poor advice or get ripped off intentionally or otherwise.

Follow this thread for best advice, and prove to yourself just how good the 'club' is.
I fully endorse this statement. I know .... mine is petrol, but thanks to the club and all its members it is still going strong and as far as I am concerned almost good and presentable as new!
Membership #1896
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 05:33   #15
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

The In Tank Pump (ITP) took me about 1 hour to change, and that was taking the plastic casing apart and just replacing the actual pump. Have your car removed from this so called garage imediately being sure to slap the mechanic on the way out. You could always try putting more diesel in it, as long as you are over 1/4 of a tank then that is USUALLY enough.
Old 16th June 2015, 07:44   #16
kaz5464

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
Hi Karen a belated welcome to the 'club' I note this is your second 75 and that you joined way back in 2011 yet to date have posted just twice, both in this thread.

I cannot help but think of the money, time, effort and worry you could have saved by becoming more active here long ago.

General garages do not have the 'know how' to maintain our cars, and free really expert advice is available 24/7 from our members, and all for Free.

Don't become a stranger again, read the forums when you feel you have a problem, ask for advice before booking into any garage (unless one recommended here) and don't be shy or feel you're imposing, we hate to see people get poor advice or get ripped off intentionally or otherwise.

Follow this thread for best advice, and prove to yourself just how good the 'club' is.
Hi, and thank you! I have learnt my lesson! I think I suffer the classic 'well the garage knows best', even though deep down I have my suspicions. I also think I must get the car fixed asap, as need a car, but have now managed over 3 months with no car, by getting lifts to work, using my son's car and biking to work (only 5 miles thankfully). So better late than never I have finally got in touch with the forum for advice!
I love my Rover 75 and everyone I meet who has one feels exactly the same. It's funny how many conversations you strike up at the petrol station with other Rover 75 owners!
kaz5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 07:48   #17
kaz5464

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
The In Tank Pump (ITP) took me about 1 hour to change, and that was taking the plastic casing apart and just replacing the actual pump. Have your car removed from this so called garage imediately being sure to slap the mechanic on the way out. You could always try putting more diesel in it, as long as you are over 1/4 of a tank then that is USUALLY enough.
I am sure the tank is about 2/3 full, but as it's been a few weeks, I may be wrong.
I am phoning the garage today to say I will be getting it removed. All sounds promising in getting it fixed . It's been a stressful few weeks.
kaz5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 07:51   #18
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

If the car is low on diesel I would say fill it up and see what happens, as others have said it might just be the in tank fuel pump (which the garage probably didn't even know was there) that has given up and not pumping enough through fuel to the pump in the engine bay.

This would probably be the easiest check you can do to get instant results (or not). Other than that get in touch with one of the gurus local to you and they'll see you in the right direction.

Don't forget to ask for any old parts they have "replaced"

Last edited by Dragrad; 16th June 2015 at 22:00.. Reason: Consecutive posts - Use the edit ;-)
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 14:06   #19
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs View Post
Don't forget to ask for any old parts they have "replaced"
I was just about to say that, I doubt they will still have the ECU they replaced but if you can get it there are a few on here that can check it out and tell you if it was faulty.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 15:22   #20
casperdog21
Avid contributor

rover 75 club se

I would agree with everything that you have been told off the forum members, if there is a problem with these cars someone will have had the problem before, with the help of this forum and marina brian who sorted out keys and electrics cossie dunk and others my car is still running and passed the test with no problems, so before spending silly money for repairs get onto the forum and take the advice given, good adice is free and its then up to you to take it or not
casperdog21 is offline   Reply With Quote