Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2020, 20:43   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

What you need for real comfort is heated cloth.
Old 11th March 2020, 21:20   #12
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Leather is great if you have kids as is wipe clean and within reason, non staining.

On a wear and comfort level I'm definitely a cloth man.

The full leather in my 45 was cold in the winter (they were heated but was far from instant warmth) and if left parked in the summer sun could give you an uncomfortable burn when sat on.

Also at 100,000 miles were cracking on the bolsters and the bases seemed to be stretching and getting baggy.

Wear wise, the ZT and the Micra are on very similar milages. The Axis drivers seat in the ZT is in very poor condition, the cloth drivers seat in the Micra shows no wear at all and scrubs up like new.

A leather interior would not put me off a car, but certainly wouldn't pay a premium or extra for it.

Saw a picture of of a 75 with a personal line Aubergine cloth interior and it looked lovely.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 21:26   #13
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

My Rover 75 tourer seats have now completed 322500 miles of wear and tear, and theres no wear and tear at all, zero

still as good as new including the driver one, the kids have grew up in the back ones and those still come up clean with a hoover, no problem, these Rover 75 seats are very well made on the Club/club SE specs those two models in particularly, The classic is a cheaper material, thats not to say its not heard wearing but the club specs are something else in there own right, and yes lovely and warm as soon as you get in your Rover 75 at night with the frost etc, instant body heat retention.

great cars, You do not get that with the MGZT models those seem to suffer the most, the Rover branded ones do not
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2020, 20:06   #14
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Referring to Trikey's earlier entry, about having heated cloth seats as the best option, I have recently found a 75 Tourer which has got a wonderful unspoilt light cloth interior.

(Many years ago, I had a Humber Super Snipe which had leather upholstery. The Final upgrade was the Humber Imperial. This had a very well known cloth of the time for it's seat covers, and what a difference. No cold in winter, scalding hot in the summer, or sliding about on the leather "Reuter" Seats. In it's place, cosy warm, non-scalding, non slipping comfortable seat).

Getting back to the Tourer I have found being scrapped, it is not a Connoisseur or the SE variant. I would love to change it for my heated leather, the only problem being the electric seat control panel on the side of the seat. Can the Connie seat control panel be “recoloured” to the light fabric colour to match the cloth?

The present seat controls of the car I have found are a wheel, similar to the lumbar adjusted on the Connie sea but this is, I believe, the reclining control.

Could my dark grey control panel be recoloured?
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2020, 20:22   #15
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

I've got heated leather seats in the 75 tourer and heated alcantara's in the ZT-T, must say I prefer the MG's seat for quickness of heating and lack of 'slippage'!
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2020, 15:44   #16
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Leather seats is one of my preferred options when buying cars, I wouldnt dismiss the right car for not having leather but its certainly something I look for. Just so classy, I can put up with a few minutes of coldness and the heaters soon sort that out.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote