Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2020, 21:28   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default Not MGR. Stay safe out there, its not Flu.

As some of you may know I work as a Theatre Support Assistant in my local NHS hospital.

As they are short staffed and they called, i volunteered to be reallocated to work in the Covid ICU.

Just finished my third 12hr shift in full PPE (Hat, Eye protection, Respirator, Full hooded boiler suit type body protection, Wellingtons and Double vinyl gloved). Its hot, uncomfortable but neccecery.

We are full up (15) with critically ill, highly infectious, Covid 19 patients, and I am whacked feeling I could sleep for a week and back on Wednesday for 3 night shifts.

My point is, this is NOT a bit of Flu as many seem to think, its a highly infectious disease that is killing hundreds every day, and is almost at the point of overwhelming our hospitals.

So you folks out there, social distance and stay safe, the last place you want to be is in hospital with me looking after you ��.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 13th April 2020 at 21:34..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 21:41   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Good of you to help out in these trying times and put yourself in the front line.

Unfortunately the seriousness of this outbreak will only become more apparent to people who aren't treating it for what it is as it gets closer to home and their friends and family are hit.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 22:43   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A good friend of my wife is a district nurse, she goes to the gym 3 or 4 times a week is very fit, eats healthily and does not smoke.

She picked up Covid 19 a few weeks ago and thought she would self isolate for the specific time and be back at work. She started with the temp and cough and after 5 days she texted my wife to say she was getting worried as she could hardly breath. Luckily she had and oximeter so could keep an eye on her Oxygen level, for several hours her finger was hovering over the 999 but she pulled her way through it as she feared what would happen if she went to hospital.

Apparently she is over the worse of it but reckons it will be at least another week before she is back on her feet properly and at least another 3 weeks before she can get back to work.

As has been said those that think this is just bad flu or will be one of the lucky ones who get away with no symptoms I suggest you think about the 11k dead people in the UK alone. My wife and I are doing our best not to get this even if it takes some drastic measures.

I wish the BBC would stop going on about when they are going to relax the lock down, if it takes 12 months before we have this under control so be it, I for one would rather be 12 months in lockdown that be just another statistics.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2020, 23:26   #4
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
As some of you may know I work as a Theatre Support Assistant in my local NHS hospital.

As they are short staffed and they called, i volunteered to be reallocated to work in the Covid ICU.

Just finished my third 12hr shift in full PPE (Hat, Eye protection, Respirator, Full hooded boiler suit type body protection, Wellingtons and Double vinyl gloved). Its hot, uncomfortable but neccecery.

We are full up (15) with critically ill, highly infectious, Covid 19 patients, and I am whacked feeling I could sleep for a week and back on Wednesday for 3 night shifts.

My point is, this is NOT a bit of Flu as many seem to think, its a highly infectious disease that is killing hundreds every day, and is almost at the point of overwhelming our hospitals.

So you folks out there, social distance and stay safe, the last place you want to be is in hospital with me looking after you ��.
Massive respect for what you are doing - it certainly hasn't gone unnoticed.

I notice your based in the Midlands. May I ask which hospital you work at? I may have seen you and not even realised it!
Old 14th April 2020, 07:48   #5
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

I'm at Kettering General Hospital.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 08:16   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

A lot of people are working hard to keep the country going and people alive.
Full respect to them.
Emergency services should be extremely proud as should those in many other "trades"
for what they are doing.
Perhaps wages will go on to reflect the important role these groups play in keeping the country going.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 09:51   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
A lot of people are working hard to keep the country going and people alive.
Full respect to them.
Emergency services should be extremely proud as should those in many other "trades"
for what they are doing.
Perhaps wages will go on to reflect the important role these groups play in keeping the country going.

macafee2
I can only echo what others have said, I hope you keep safe op and thank you.
As for wages Ian, I agree they should be paid better but if it happens I will be very surprised.