Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:28   #1
Jamandars

MG ZT

Default Front Suspension struts Rover 75 on MG ZT is it possible

First post on here after much useful advice on the issues I've had over 4 years ownership of my ZT. Just had an interesting conversation with the parts guy at Rimmers.I know they are not experts in all models but could be a bit more helpful on a car thats nearly 20years old and doesn't have its suspension sticker , the flood from the leaking boot probably did for it before I purchased the car. Anyhow I need a front, as you all know these on the ZT are shorter than theZT as soft option Rover 75.As I have seen on the forum also they list them on Rimmers website as suitable for 1.8 75 and 1.8 MGZT as soft option. I was hoping I could buy a pair and change the springs for the weight in the Diesel and auto box.I asked if these were MGZT length or the Rover 75 which we all know are longer. He was adamant they were for the 75 and not my MG = no help. Anyhow this poses the question can you fit Rover 75 dampers/struts to an MGZT as if they are Rover 75 struts in length on the Rimmers site why are they listed for the ZT also. If you can then I can purchase these yes I wont have the same driving experience but at least I wont have a leaking strut and no Mot! Hoping someone can answer my question not bothered about the ride height I know you have to undo the balljoint to fit on a 75 so this would need to be done.Cant see a defacto answer seems MG fits to 75 so maybe other way too? Thanks in advance
Jamandars is offline   Reply With Quote