Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th March 2016, 19:44   #1
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Default Help?... a leak that continues!

Hi all, hope everyone is well .

Well we have had the first spell of rain for the first time in weeks and having had issues with front footwear carpets get wet in the corners.. today has resulted in the carpet being wet again!.. it's in the front footwells in the outer corners where the inner sill area is.

Here's what I've done so far:
Headlining off and sunroof drains sealed and then zip tied
Sunroof tubes sealed to the rubber connectors in all 4 arches and the connecting pieces sealed to the arches.
Plenum chamber has been rodded (entire length of plenum from one side of the car to the other) all drains clear.
Chrome trim around windscreen removed, clips sealed and windscreen sealant applied around windscreen (front and back!). Rear screen black clips and the retaining push pin things, removed and sealed and chrome trim sealed to the bodywork.
Chrome trim waistline trim little plastic bolts have been sealed ( reverse side of rear quarter panels)
Boot floor has been seam sealed along all seams!
Rear lights also sealed

As a result boot etc is fine and dry now.. trims around windscreen pilars are now dry but.. I am still get a damp carpet in the front corners on both sides and have completely run out of ideas....
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rob
Old 27th March 2016, 07:47   #2
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Only thing Im thinking is maybe check that the drain points (plenum and side drain points) all have the rubber drain grommets in.
I believe that there is an outer metal skin and an inner metal skin so if water is not draining right out hrough the rubber tube it could go into the gap between the two skins and in thery wet the carpet ?
I assume you have checke the sunroof front drain tubes going down the front A pillars ?
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 08:33   #3
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Thanks for the reply .

I have checked the plenum drains and also removed the grommets to cut the duck bill ends off and we're then sealed back in place only 3 weeks ago so are still clear too.
I have had the lining and windscreen pillar trims off as well as half of the dash to follow those rubber tubes you speak of and are all sealed completely.
Once the epoxy I used to seal the tubing to the sunroof drain and the connecting piece in the arch had dried and cured fully, with the trims still off I ran a hose over the car and it remained dry. So where this has come from has really got me beaten.
Thanks
Rob