Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st March 2017, 12:36   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Banana on tour No.2 for 2017.

In the early hours of tomorrow Banana is off on another mini tour of the U.K. Scotland here we come. Straight up the A1, then cut through to Jedburgh then onto the ring road around Edingburgh and across the Forth of the Firth. Stopping at the Premier Inn at Dundee East.

Done this trip 2 years ago. Going up for the Tayside meet on Sunday, plus some sightseeing as well. Might get to see some snow as well. Never been to Dundee itself so that is a must.
Suzublu and Mr & Mrs Blujohn are staying at the same hotel but they are not arriving till Friday.
Get to meet Les Finnie with his gorgeous V8, Liz Scott with her Typhoon ZT, MarinaBrian with his primered ZT or 75, Chris Roy with his new car plus loads of others with all their stunning cars

Think we might be planning a day out on Saturday. Banana will get a nice wash n polish at some point on Saturday, if not then first thing Sunday morning.

I'm hoping to re-visit a very special place, Loch Rannoch. Hopefully the snow will not stop me. The Loch holds very special memories for me. I hope to leave a single Red Rose in the Loch in memory of my late wife. We had such a lovely time here many moons ago.

The plan is to drive up to Dundee all in one go, just stopping now and again to stretch the old legs, and if the scenery looks inviting, take a photo or lots. The return journey home will have a break and a stopover but more on that at a later date.

So if you see a BRIGHT YELLOW ZT don't forget to wave, toot or flash those restored lights. If I get stuck in the snow I'll be easy to spot from space as I will look like a giant P*** Hole in the snow.
(There that saved the swear filter a job).

Mileage is 181,415, that's the mileage on the car and not the distance I'll be travelling. ((Correct mileage))

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 2nd March 2017 at 12:55.. Reason: Something to do on sunny Wednesday......
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 12:45   #2
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
In the early hours of tomorrow Banana is off on another mini tour of the U.K. Scotland here we come. Straight up the A1, then cut through to Jedburgh then onto the ring road around Edingburgh and across the Forth of the Firth. Stopping at the Premier Inn at Dundee East.

Done this trip 2 years ago. Going up for the Tayside meet on Sunday, plus some sightseeing as well. Might get to see some snow as well. Never been to Dundee itself so that is a must.
Suzublu and Mr & Mrs Blujohn are staying at the same hotel but they are not arriving till Friday.
Get to meet Les Finnie with his gorgeous V8, Liz Scott with her Typhoon ZT, MarinaBrian with his primered ZT or 75, Chris Roy with his new car plus loads of others with all their stunning cars

Think we might be planning a day out on Saturday. Banana will get a nice wash n polish at some point on Saturday, if not then first thing Sunday morning.

I'm hoping to re-visit a very special place, Loch Rannoch. Hopefully the snow will not stop me. The Loch holds very special memories for me. I hope to leave a single Red Rose in the Loch in memory of my late wife. We had such a lovely time here many moons ago.

The plan is to drive up to Dundee all in one go, just stopping now and again to stretch the old legs, and if the scenery looks inviting, take a photo or lots. The return journey home will gave a break and a stopover but more on that at a later date.

So if you see a BRIGHT YELLOW ZT don't forget to wave, toot or flash those restored lights. If I get stuck in the snow I'll be easy to spot from space as I will look like a giant P*** Hole in the snow.
(There that saved the swear filter a job).

Mileage is 181,500 I think but will check it later.
I admire you Bob, it sounds a wonderful trip, so I wish you a pleasant and safe journey.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 14:35   #3
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I admire you Bob, it sounds a wonderful trip, so I wish you a pleasant and safe journey.
Ken.
That sounds fabulous hope you have a very wonderful time, safe journey.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 14:57   #4
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Safe journey Bob mate...... enjoy the scenery.... it's beautiful.....

Adie
RugbyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 02:02   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

It's 3 am and I'm up and dressed, what more do you want? Daft or what. I'm like a big kid waiting to go on an adventure. Got to have 2 mugs of tea before loading up the car. Seems to be very windy outside but at least no frost or rain.

Might change the route after Scotch Corner and cut across on the A66 towards Carlisle. According to Google maps it will cut off a chunk of the mileage. So will give it a try. Not in any rush to get to Dundee.

Hope to keep you all posted en-route, providing I can get a signal. Ah! The kettle is boiling, best have my 2nd cuppa. Catch you all later.

onen hag oll
Old 2nd March 2017, 02:51   #6
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Wee bit frosty up here tonight! Not as bad as its been though so you might get lucky. Snow is at a fairly high level but the Glenshee gates were shut on Saturday past so might be some left up there
Old 2nd March 2017, 04:09   #7
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Enjoy your trip. The northern lights were visible earlier tonight, even as far south as fife/Edinburgh and it's been a clear night too.
If you're about fife this morning, give me a shout. I'll be free up til 12:30pm where I've then got to head for a photo shoot.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:17   #8
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Forecast winter showers North and North West today, you might want to check on that change of route.
All that tea? hope your bladder is stronger than mine
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 08:40   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Stopped again...........

.................for another wee. First one was on the A1 at Blyth services. This stop is on the M6 just short of Carlisle. Yes changed the route and cut across on the A66.
Full update later on.

But thanks for the weather updates. And yes I've seen lots of snow.

onen hag oll
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:54   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool And we have..................

..................................arrived at the hotel after our 475 mile trip. And Banana never missed a beat. Cup of tea then take the Yellow One to the snow foam centre for a well deserved wash, then we'll get some go go juice. Back to hotel and into the bar for a well earned pint and some grub.

Full report later on.

onen hag oll