Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st February 2019, 12:29   #341
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

The other thing I would suggest is that all of you members who have been let down by this guy, get your heads together to compile a list of who has paid for what, how much, your names and addresses - then present the list to the police as fraud. Maybe make contact with members of other forums who have been ripped off by him.

GOOD IDEA. No harm comparing losses and seeing just how much he took.
Old 1st February 2019, 13:47   #342
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Well, it confirms he has been recently still active, if the site has been updated.

That phone number rings, I have just tried it and it doesn't sound when rung as if it is redirecting the number...

020 8144 9124

It could well be the number of someone who has been roped in to help help him. Maybe anyone with an issue, might care to ring initially posing as a potential customer to see what the response is?

The other thing I would suggest is that all of you members who have been let down by this guy, get your heads together to compile a list of who has paid for what, how much, your names and addresses - then present the list to the police as fraud. Maybe make contact with members of other forums who have been ripped off by him.
Just because it is a +44 country code doesn't mean that the phone is in this country. You'd be amazed what a SIP trunk can allow with something like 3CX. You can have a local number but use it in a different country over the internet, with no redirection and it would appear you are calling a local phone. You even get charged the local rate. If you don't get an answer maybe try phoning at lunch time in Canada and see if you get through
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 17:39   #343
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post

GOOD IDEA. No harm comparing losses and seeing just how much he took.

Sorry I cannot join in, because all that I ordered and paid for turned up and has performed faultlessly for years. I was privately warmed by a mod, that he might be dodgy after I had paid, which caused me some concern, but as said my order turned up.

Had I paid and not got what I paid for, I certainly would be doing something about it. Had I then found he had been ripping lots of people off, I would be making a complaint to the police suggesting it was fraudulent.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 18:03   #344
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

I have just got off the phone to Tony Fry.

He like me, hasn't had any contact with Sean since October of last year with none of his emails being replied to.

Unfortunately Tony doesn't have any contact details for Rob so that has drawn a blank as well at the moment.

Tony is also going to email Sean again and see if he gets any response.

I think in all of this, we do need to remember that for a good long time many members did receive good service off Sean and many were repeat customers over the years.

This leads me to think that it wasn't a deliberate act and more likely a financial problem that has caused this.
This is no way excuses him for what has happened and I only hope that we do manage to get contact with him so he can start to resolve all of those out of pocket.

Burying one's head in the sand isn't going to fix this!

Sean, if you are reading this, as a friend asking, please sort this mess out.

Last edited by coolcat; 2nd February 2019 at 07:08..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 19:07   #345
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

My thoughts too Jeff, he was a really good guy and I suspect something has gone terribly wrong
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 07:05   #346
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
My thoughts too Jeff, he was a really good guy and I suspect something has gone terribly wrong
Let’s hope that not the case. I searched the white pages business directory in Canada and 32 of his name came up, obituaries 2. Thank you to Jeff for following up on doing what he said he was going to do and letting everyone know
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 11:09   #347
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I think in all of this, we do need to remember that for a good long time many members did receive good service off Sean and many were repeat customers over the years.

This leads me to think that it wasn't a deliberate act and more likely a financial problem that has caused this.
This is no way excuses him for what has happened and I only hope that we do manage to get contact with him so he can start to resolve all of those out of pocket

All true, but if he is still taking money and intentionally not fulfilling orders, it has become fraudulent. Only you guys who have paid for items and not received them, can know how big this issue is - just in this Rover forum. Which is why I suggested those guys in this situation get your heads together to find the full extent of the issue, find out if he is continuing to take orders and payments, rather than simply complaining in this forum.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:33   #348
John Armstrong
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Saloon

Default Sean

I too had my problems with Sean which on balance were resolved. However, I ended up purchasing three DD Units and the current one, which I've had since February 2018, has preformed exceptionally well. Even my son who, runs a Range Rover (top of the range) Evoque, likes it better than his. To me, he traded with too many balls in the air - seemingly, those who he traded with were perhaps similar.
John
John Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 22:53   #349
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I have just got off the phone to Tony Fry.

He like me, hasn't had any contact with Sean since October of last year with none of his emails being replied to.

Unfortunately Tony doesn't have any contact details for Rob so that has drawn a blank as well at the moment.

Tony is also going to email Sean again and see if he gets any response.

This is no way excuses him for what has happened and I only hope that we do manage to get contact with him so he can start to resolve all of those out of pocket.

Burying one's head in the sand isn't going to fix this!

Sean, if you are reading this, as a friend asking, please sort this mess out.

As far as I am concerned, and as you know I had more than my fair share of axe to grind with him. In my opinion, the only reason he lasted as long as he did was down to one person and one person only. That person chased him when he vanished for weeks on end. That person sorted out endless issues and was ther for us, over and over again. That person was you Jeff. Thank you for the can you carried for so long and all the help and support you gave.
That's all I have to say on the matter.

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:48   #350
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Hi all,

Just to let you know I have emailed Sean a couple of days ago after speaking to Jeff, and I have had no response from him at all. I feel sorry for those that have sent money to Sean but have not received the goods. Could I ask how you paid for them as I have not had any payments made to me since Feb 2018?.

I am am out of pocket as well where he had PayPal disputes that I had to refund and he did not have the funds available.

I know from the last emails that I had from Sean, he was having problems with wrong deliveries from the factory's and faulty goods, but as Jeff has said he should be answering emails there is no excuses for not replying.

I feel for all that have had bad experiences. But Sean has supplied 100's of units to happy customers.

If I hear anything from Sean I will let you know via this thread.

Tony

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote