Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th February 2019, 18:21   #371
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Not so, the UK and Canada is part of INTERPOL. The request has to come from the UK police for Interpol in Canada to act. They will only take reports from outside of Canada via your local police. They won’t respond from the general public. Interpol Canada will liaise with the Royal Mounted Canadian Police. Try here Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/rcmpgrc/

Good luck!
Ahhh the Mounties. They ALWAYS get their man. I have first hand experience of this whilst drinking with a couple of squadie mates in Berlin back in the 80s!
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 23:16   #372
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
Ahhh the Mounties. They ALWAYS get their man. I have first hand experience of this whilst drinking with a couple of squadie mates in Berlin back in the 80s!
I'm not sure downing a gallon of Labatt beer counts though Dave

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 15:07   #373
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Truth is no one will do anything about it end of story
Few years back several members have been conned on order of polly bushes by another forum member he lived in midlands and we had address available anything been done to get him?? Nope
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 15:27   #374
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
Truth is no one will do anything about it end of story
Few years back several members have been conned on order of polly bushes by another forum member he lived in midlands and we had address available anything been done to get him?? Nope
Gud job we ah all like it ah it kid. I like to go to bed and sleep, not waiting for a knock at the door.
Old 9th February 2019, 18:47   #375
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

I didn't knock iwent in with the doors to get my money back
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 08:57   #376
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

To repeat....

This guy is a confidence trickster, a deliberate fraud - the evidence I have read suggests that his actions were entirely deliberate and something he is continuing to do for his living and he has done it for several years. He hasn't started doing this with honest intentions and fallen on difficult times - he is still continuing to do it - BECAUSE IT PAYS HIM WELL.

He shows good faith, delivers a few, builds up a small team of helpers like Jeff and Tony. Once he has supplied a few satisfied customers and built up confidence, he makes excuses for none delivery, keeps the money and leaves his helpers to face the robbed customers.

He needs to be stopped!

One or two of you need to volunteer to get your heads together to make a formal complaint to the police. You need to approach them with list of people he has ripped off, for how much, for what and roughly when.

The club cannot/ will not do it, will not help organise it - you have to do it entirely on your own.

Were I one of those who had been ripped off, I would be organising this, but I was one of the early lucky ones, who got all that he had paid for.

It is highly unlikely now that any of you will get any money back, but at least you will have the satisfaction of having stopped him doing this to any more people.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 09:44   #377
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

The starting point for this has to be information gathering. When I got sick of the bs I went back through pages and pages of posts back to 2010 looking at all the contradictions, excuses etc. Someone needs to gather everything that is known (true or suspect) from day one. How he got started, how he arranged things, the factory he used, phone numbers, IP's anything and everything, in the hope to get an angle on him. He obviously covered his tracks pretty well from day one. It's a pretty fair bet (for example) that he was able to browse this forum without using his main account. If you're ever going to have enough to take to any authority, you need to start digging and information gathering, sifting through it to build up a picture and even that could end up being little more than speculation.
Of course, it would take patience and determination from any who could be bothered. Maybe the mods would allow a thread to be started "Who is Radioguy". The thread would need to be ONLY what people know, or think they know and devoid of any personal axe grinding about or support of the person in question and minus personal experiences, good or bad. Simply known facts. When he first showed up etc. There is info about certainly further afield than this forum. Many contradictions to be be found across forums.
Ok. That's it. I am going back to my life.

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 10th February 2019 at 11:26.. Reason: addition
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 11:31   #378
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
To repeat....

This guy is a confidence trickster, a deliberate fraud - the evidence I have read suggests that his actions were entirely deliberate and something he is continuing to do for his living and he has done it for several years. He hasn't started doing this with honest intentions and fallen on difficult times - he is still continuing to do it - BECAUSE IT PAYS HIM WELL.

He shows good faith, delivers a few, builds up a small team of helpers like Jeff and Tony. Once he has supplied a few satisfied customers and built up confidence, he makes excuses for none delivery, keeps the money and leaves his helpers to face the robbed customers.

He needs to be stopped!

One or two of you need to volunteer to get your heads together to make a formal complaint to the police. You need to approach them with list of people he has ripped off, for how much, for what and roughly when.

The club cannot/ will not do it, will not help organise it - you have to do it entirely on your own.

Were I one of those who had been ripped off, I would be organising this, but I was one of the early lucky ones, who got all that he had paid for.

It is highly unlikely now that any of you will get any money back, but at least you will have the satisfaction of having stopped him doing this to any more people.
There was a time when the police were monitoring this forum. You might remember it, when the club announced it? It was related to one - two members when an allegation was made that a member had died and it turned out this death was a pack of lies. Both members were banned or had their membership suspended. I don't know if there was a fraud or a prosecution involved. I don't know the outcome or for how long the police were monitoring the forum. It was ages ago.

How does this story relate? Clearly on that occasion the club cooperated with the police.

Whoever takes up this chalice, I would suggest leaving it to the professionals, such as the UK police to investigate, as they are the only ones who have a professional relationship with law enforcement in Canada and they have the forensic skills required.

By all means have a peer group to gather the complaint. If you do have to have to involve the club with the police, they will need access to the archives/records/this thread to be able to deal with the complaint. It would be courteous to speak to the directors first: Re permission.

Footnote: My post in no way implicates Jeff or Tony, both innocents caught up in this.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 10th February 2019 at 11:33..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 16:26   #379
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
How does this story relate? Clearly on that occasion the club cooperated with the police.

Whoever takes up this chalice, I would suggest leaving it to the professionals, such as the UK police to investigate, as they are the only ones who have a professional relationship with law enforcement in Canada and they have the forensic skills required.

By all means have a peer group to gather the complaint. If you do have to have to involve the club with the police, they will need access to the archives/records/this thread to be able to deal with the complaint. It would be courteous to speak to the directors first: Re permission.

Footnote: My post in no way implicates Jeff or Tony, both innocents caught up in this.

That is what I would suggest. For the police to progress it, then they will need a list of those who have ordered, paid for and not received their items. These people need to provide their full contact details, address, phone number and probably username on this forum. Plus the type of proof they have that they paid, a receipt bank statement or email confirmation etc. and what was ordered and paid for.

Someone needs to step up to the plate, to pull all these details together and be willing to take it to the police with a formal complaint.

It would also be worth pointing out to them that his activities seem to be continuing on other marque forums in the UK, assuming that is true.

It is quite legal for companies and businesses to go bust owing money, but this guy seems not to have done that, he has just gone round promising items, taking money and not delivering, hiding behind the reputations of people like Jeff and Tony.

What no one has pointed out, was that he was also pirating the satnav maps and charging a good fee for selling illegal copies. I quickly caught onto this, in his early days in this forum.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 17:10   #380
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
That is what I would suggest. For the police to progress it, then they will need a list of those who have ordered, paid for and not received their items. These people need to provide their full contact details, address, phone number and probably username on this forum. Plus the type of proof they have that they paid, a receipt bank statement or email confirmation etc. and what was ordered and paid for.

Someone needs to step up to the plate, to pull all these details together and be willing to take it to the police with a formal complaint.

It would also be worth pointing out to them that his activities seem to be continuing on other marque forums in the UK, assuming that is true.

It is quite legal for companies and businesses to go bust owing money, but this guy seems not to have done that, he has just gone round promising items, taking money and not delivering, hiding behind the reputations of people like Jeff and Tony.

What no one has pointed out, was that he was also pirating the satnav maps and charging a good fee for selling illegal copies. I quickly caught onto this, in his early days in this forum.
In 2007, we got caught out in the financial crash when our Icelandic bank on the Isle of Man was frozen by the Labour government and then the bank went into administration.

What we did was to set up a web site, a closed group. In it we offered peer support to each other. We had a blog for people to post stuff up and for our own administrators to post up progress reports, advise about problems/issues. Some people lost more than we did, they lost their life savings!

In the group was a lawyer and others who had the skills needed. We got everyone on board to pursue our case and to keep us updated via the blog on our website.

It went to court on the IOM and we won. Everyone in the group got their money back in block amounts: their savings and investments with interest. It took us 10 years!....It was a long haul. The management of the bank was investigated by the police in Iceland and some of them ended up in prison.

What I am saying is this ...."Where there is a will, there is a way".
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote