Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2019, 22:31   #21
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Hopefully my car will do so well when it goes for it's first MOT in my ownership on monday.

It left the production line exactly 15 years ago yesterday morning and I think spent its first few months as a demonstrator at the dealership in preston which would explain it's slightly odd spec sheet.

The MOT expired last month on the 28th but I had a nightmare sorting out the SRS warning lights then was forced off the road by a blind focus driver and took a chunk out of a wheel and the sidewall of the tyre. Got a cheap set of MG6 TSE wheels with good tyres now but I'm not sure I like how it looks.

Every advisory from last year has been sorted except for slightly corroded brake pipes but they look fine to me. the rest were for 3 of the shock absorbers having a light misting of oil but it's had all four replaced along with all for springs and both rear upper and lower arms. all 4 drop links and all four top mounts.

Crossing my fingers for the emissions test though because I have no idea.
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 10:20   #22
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
By the cringe, those emission figures are a bit.......good Steve.

I'm hoping to emulate your MOT results when I take the old man's tourer in tomorrow or Friday.

Nice one.

Brian
Hi Brian.
I have no doubt your fathers car will pass with flying colours, the emissions are most likely down to the clean manifold, EGR and MAP sensor and new air filter, PCV etc good injectors & a dose of injector cleaner thank you for your reply on the PM last night

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 10:26   #23
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Default And so to another year!

Passed this morning, only advisory was for badly deteriorated back box, same advisory for last 4 years, how long do these boxes last!

Looking forward to another year meandering around the Island with dogs in the back, just love this car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DFF6CA5B-87F7-42F9-B923-2802AFF14A1C.jpg (11.2 KB, 38 views)
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 18:36   #24
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulkhead View Post
Passed this morning, only advisory was for badly deteriorated back box, same advisory for last 4 years, how long do these boxes last!

Looking forward to another year meandering around the Island with dogs in the back, just love this car!
Hi Roy.
Great to hear you got it through MOT yes I have dressed my exhaust at the back, and sprayed it silver, as I would like to keep it as long as possible being the original exhaust.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 15th April 2019, 15:18   #25
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

My car passed it's MOT today at 15 years and 6 days old.

Got advisories for rear brake pipes as I expected. I am pretty annoyed about a minor defect for the front offside drop link though.

Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

These were only replaced in august last year with new old stock unipart parts that on inspection, looked decent quality. They were fitted at the same time as new front shocks, springs and top mounts.

I had the work done at the only garage I could find willing to fit the parts I supplied, recommended by a friend. I was still getting some knocks from the front end until recently, I found that the nuts on the strut tops were loose so I am now assuming they also damaged the boot on the drop link when fitting.

I haven't got the car back yet so have no idea what the emissions look like but will update later when I do.

Edit: Just got the car back and had a good chat to the tester.

The drop link shows no sign of movement when using a bar to try and force it but during the test when moving the wheels side to side on the test whatsit (the fancy ramps they use for the MOT) you can clearly see the ball joint moving. Not bad enough for a fail but will need changing as soon as possible.

I would probably just change the one with the same make but they are not available any more so will probably end up having to change both again.

Emission Fast pass result was 0.16 so much lower than the maximum of 1.0

He also said it would be about £80 to replace the front to rear brake lines because he has to drop the tank. I knew about dropping the tank but I expected it would cost a lot more than this.

Over all, I am pretty pleased but the drop link has irritated me a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MOT.jpg (19.2 KB, 14 views)
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs

Last edited by EdgarDonaldBalls; 15th April 2019 at 16:57..
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 16:40   #26
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Hi Steve (arctic), what I found interesting is the MOT pre checks section Refusal to MOT based on a list but this point in particular:

The reasons for refusing to carry out the test are:

g. A proper examination cannot be carried out because any door, tailgate, boot, engine cover, fuel cap or other device designed to be readily opened cannot be readily opened.

In my entire driving life and MOT's never once has an MOT tester carried out any pre checks. I wondered if anyone has come across this?
Took a friends Fabia in for test this morning at my regular. New tester on the job. Carried this out to the letter. Watching him I thought "he's blooming thorough and not even started yet. Reading this now, it all makes sense. Passed BTW

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2019, 21:08   #27
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default Add your MOT

I took the FL2 in for its MOT about three weeks ago glad to say pass no advisories so another 100% record never failed a MOT yet well chuffed.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 3rd October 2019, 13:09   #28
Roderick
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Connoissuer SE

Default Another PASS

Car passed again on Tuesday 1st Oct, the only advisories were: Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive. Offside outer sill [ (7.1.1 (a) (i)]

The set belt item was a surprise but according to their words, bit of a non story. The sill was known and I was worried about it, that will be attended to.

The emissions test was also good, but I wish in this day and age of environmental awareness, the information (!) stated was more layman worded or at least explained.
Engine temp. 74C – tested at below 80C oil temp
Absorption coefficient 0.44 l/m
Zero drift: 0.00 l/m
Absorption coefficient after correction 0.44 l/m

Anyway, pleased and thank you to Jules for the full service and his meticulous attention to detail. Back next year!
Ray
Old 16th April 2020, 08:40   #29
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The NUK Tourer had it's first mot in my ownership today, pleased to say the work I have done on it since I purchased it in November 2018 as paid off with a pass & no advisories.

I still have a few jobs to sort out like finding a good lower engine mount with a letter T on it, then paint the calipers the rest is all done cheers Arctic

Ok so 12 months as passed and my MOT was due, I got up at 6.30am yesterday had the usual two rounds of toast and a nice cup of coffee after my shower.

I then went over the car checking all the lights, tyre pressures, window wipers, seats belts and the like even though I did it a few days ago, had another cup of coffee then set out on my 25 mile Italian tune up before arriving at my MOT station at 09.40.

Handed the keys over and off I went for a 45 minute walk, came back was handed the keys back along with my new MOT for 2021 so good start to the day.

Stay safe out there guys all the best Arctic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC15695_LI.jpg (120.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg MOT .jpg (120.6 KB, 14 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Last edited by Arctic; 16th April 2020 at 12:53.. Reason: Photo Editing
Old 16th April 2020, 10:25   #30
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Ok so 12 months as passed and my MOT was due, I got up at 6.30am yesterday had the usual two rounds of toast and a nice cup of coffee after my shower.

I then went over the car checking all the lights, tyre pressures, window wipers, seats belts and the like even though I did it a few days ago, had another cup of coffee then set out on my 25 mile Italian tune up before arriving at my MOT station at 09.40.

Handed the keys over and off I went for a 45 minute walk, came back was handed the keys back along with my new MOT for 2021 so good start to the day.

Stay safe out there guys all the best Arctic.

Nice result Steve.

I did the similar "last minute re-re-re check" in the MOT car park before handing over the keys last year.

When I came back to pick up the car the tester said one of the front headlights wasn't working!

Well it must have popped when he turned them on because they were fine when I walked away....

The worst of it was, he registered the Fail before he went ahead and replaced the bulb and then issued the Pass. The first Fail the car has had. Grrrrrr.

Not important in the grand scheme of things now, but still annoys me when I think of it

Stay safe
John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote