Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2020, 17:58   #31
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Using freely available history books it is evident that armed conflict has progressed from sticks in hand-to-hand combat through many levels of depravity to instant mass extinction by atomic means.

Even that is now defunct and maybe it is time to secure the means of supremacy by inflicting disease in order to conspire to collapse rival economies.

The advantages are: mass casualties by contagious disease are non-attributable, economy collapse is inevitable, retaliation is not only futile but also too late, and sweeping the board of debt-laden strategic businesses is cheap. It helps if you, whilst whistling through the pursed lips of nonchalance, infiltrate the world wide technology set-up. Consider!
Old 19th March 2020, 17:59   #32
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I got sick of hearing about Prince Andrew's shinanagans, Andrew this, Andrew did that, then it was Brexit, Brexit, Brexit and now Coronavirus! Are they working through the alphabet for goodness sake? Change the channel! Oh, I did and it's on every one. Is there no good news? Even the missus is shouting at the telly. I've named her Victoria Meldrew!
the Royal family is bread and circus for a complacent population. the rest is sport and TV.
zombified, obedient, unthinking and little trouble.
Like de-horned cows, unable to do much damage.
Old 19th March 2020, 18:08   #33
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Dave. Hope you and Karen are both ok.Further to my other post above, we have been asking my son a few questions about our Granddaughter who has just returned from Vietnam after a bit of a world tour after finishing at uni. After touring Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, she was advised by her father to get back home NOW because borders were being shut, and she would have to stay where she was, she managed to get the next flight back ( prices were going up there) and she landed at Heathrow on Tuesday. Now, she has come back with a cough, and the question is:- was there any testing at Heathrow..............the answer is NO. nothing at all, not even questioned. Absolutely disgusting.She has had the cough for two/three weeks now, probably because of the dry weather over there?? But who knows. She is as I said, self isolating for 14 days now. And that is another thing, originally it was 28 days isolation, so what’s going on? I don’t think those who keep telling us this load of #£@& know what they are doing...........or do they. Anyway, I will still be going out and carrying on the same as usual. I don’t use public transport so that’s an advantage. The point is, where do we go from here? They seem to think that if everyone stays in it will go away. I hope they have told the virus to go away also. Mind you, it is showing us who the idiots are we have as neighbours. Ramble over. Now back to sleep for a couple of months.

I think the UK has not tried to isolate the population for a specific reason. they are trying to achieve herd immunity to the virus. In other words let people get infected and get it over with.
The survivors will be resistant in a far higher way if a similar epidemic strikes again. And to me it looks as a new form of the flu. It will be back with regularity.
I don't know if this is the best strategy, but I think it might well be. It is virtually impossible to break the chain of infections, if the majority survives, to pass on the virus.
The countries that go through elaborate screening and testing and isolation will thus not be able to break the transmission, only delay the process. So it is like pulling a tooth or jumping into cold water. Do it quickly or do it slowly!
Pick one or the other.
Old 19th March 2020, 18:21   #34
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Not particularly doubtful about the present decease but the Flue epidemic in 1918 on killed many millions world wide, now at that time in the UK with no NHS,no benefit system and certainly a general lack of concern about the population and employment of same- what was so different about the two infections. My parents were both about 17/18 at the time both in employment, mother in Leicester a big hosiery Factory town, father in RNavy both from families of 5 plus children and although they mentioned the flue epidemic it was with nothing like the importance we have now, I mean people wernt dying in the streets etc,work, factories mines etcetc went on. Or where they? I haven't researched it at all but if some one has-whats the explanation?? Chris S.
There is a lot of information about the Spanish flu. It was first of all not even Spanish! It just got that name, because Spain wrote freely about it, whereas most of the rest of the world was at war, and news was heavily censored.
Depending on sources, the flue killed in several waves up to 100 million people. Out of a total world population in those days of 1.5 billion people. For this flue to be of the same magnitude, we would need to see in the order of 500 million people dead. There is no hint of that. So this flue is benign, in comparison. Many of the deaths in those days might have been preventable today, but never the less, it seems to have been a far nastier disease.
Today the problem is the elderly and the weak. There are simply not enough "critical" beds available to admit the expected number for ventilation. And that is the problem. The doctors will have to choose who to treat! It brings us face to face with our mortality, and people find that hard to accept in a modern society, where it looks as if we can control most issues.
If we look at Italy, the median age of the dead is about 80 years, and most have several underlying problems in form of other diseases or weaknesses.
Of all the dead, I think only 3 had no other problems! It is a disease that accelerates the deaths of those almost at the door already.
https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronav...7_marzo-v2.pdf
Old 19th March 2020, 19:15   #35
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
It is a disease that accelerates the deaths of those almost at the door already.
As difficult as this is to read it is unfortunately and sadly true, Kudos to Kaiser for saying it.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 19:22   #36
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Who are are they?
Who are these fat pigs with their snouts and feet in the trough, queuing up cheek by Jowell at all supermarkets? Will they continue to do so every day until they are deterred by Police or troops at the entrances.
I thought self interest was rife year on year, but this is all together at a really new level.

If this is the new breed of human being of the future I,m sorry but ...........
"I'M OUT".
Quote from my old school pal in the USA.......
"The gun stores cannot keep up with the demand. I don’t know what these “nuts” are thinking.
The economy is going to hell with the stock market leading the way which is down 35% plus. It will never make it up in my lifetime.
Well Kevin stay safe and pray for better times".

Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 19:41   #37
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
At 96 years old His mum missed 1. (1918-1919) and 2. (1914-1918) as she hadn't yet been born! (b. 1924).
Ahem sorry guys i forgot i was living in 2020 and maths was never my strong point......

Einstein had the diagnosis to this panic amongst humans:

"there are two things infinite in the world - the universe and man's stupidity - and i'm not too sure about the universe"

and

"the earth is the lunatic asylum of the universe"
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 19:52   #38
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

One should remember that the idea and assumption that "man is the most intelligent thing that exists" has never been suggested by anything other than man himself.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 21:40   #39
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Didn't know you were an 'Old Harry's Game' fan Fred.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 22:00   #40
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
There is a lot of information about the Spanish flu. It was first of all not even Spanish! It just got that name, because Spain wrote freely about it, whereas most of the rest of the world was at war, and news was heavily censored.
Depending on sources, the flue killed in several waves up to 100 million people. Out of a total world population in those days of 1.5 billion people. For this flue to be of the same magnitude, we would need to see in the order of 500 million people dead. There is no hint of that. So this flue is benign, in comparison. Many of the deaths in those days might have been preventable today, but never the less, it seems to have been a far nastier disease.
Today the problem is the elderly and the weak. There are simply not enough "critical" beds available to admit the expected number for ventilation. And that is the problem. The doctors will have to choose who to treat! It brings us face to face with our mortality, and people find that hard to accept in a modern society, where it looks as if we can control most issues.
If we look at Italy, the median age of the dead is about 80 years, and most have several underlying problems in form of other diseases or weaknesses.
Of all the dead, I think only 3 had no other problems! It is a disease that accelerates the deaths of those almost at the door already.
Thanks for that informative information.
The difference with Spanish flu is that it mainly killed the youngest in all populations.
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote