Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2020, 11:11   #11
jeremy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

What an excellent how-to! Although I have no intention of doing such a job myself, I read it through and, like a good novel, couldn't put it down. As an aside, what is that tantalising MG in the background of some of the photos?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 10:22   #12
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Some bedtime reading for you all - I took quite a few pictures of the wheel bearing swap over the last few days, so I bashed out the attached document. Apologies to the die-hard 'experts' on here who will find it all a bit basic, but hopefully this might be useful to members considering the job for the first time (like me, this time last week !)

All comments, abuse etc., are welcome

Pete
Many thanks for this PDF i have a front bearing to sort out on this ZTT recently acquired.
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 17:47   #13
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Excelent How To. Half way through and have put the bearing back OK. Used the old bearing to push in the new; it doesnt go in so far as to get stuck and its exactly the right diameter to push on the O/D of the new bearing. Removing the suspension leg was a good idea as I had to cut the drop link off with a this grinder it was so corroded. The last person to fit the bearing (recently as I only bought it a week ago) managed to distrub and trap the inner seal (with the magnetic thingy) for the ABS and speedo. All good fun (as long as you dont weaken!). Keep well.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2022, 07:36   #14
Sleeper75

Rover 75 tourer

Default Pdf

Hi,

I'm struggling to view PDF for front bearing replacement, has anyone got a copy or link ?

Thanks
Sleeper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2022, 08:36   #15
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper75 View Post
Hi,

I'm struggling to view PDF for front bearing replacement, has anyone got a copy or link ?

Thanks

Just tried the link and it works fine although I had to log-in to view it, and then it automatically opened with Preview (Mac OSX). Are you saying the link doesn't work or you can't view it on your computer (Windows perhaps?), if Windows, Hogweed will almost certainly spring to your rescue.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2022, 14:38   #16
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

A very good write up, having done the same job on the rear of my 260 so very similar I found this tool made the hole job a lot easier https://www.onbuy.com/gb/front-wheel...QaAsbZEALw_wcB
I did the hole thing without removing the hub from the car. Also not every one has access to a hydraulic press and with this you can just wind the new bearing in using the appropiate spacer and threaded rod that comes in the kit.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote