Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st September 2020, 17:49   #21
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I have been playing with my newly acquired R75 diesel which needed a new water pump (the pulley wobbling all over the place). Having read the threads on water pump replacement and seen the problems of fitting the thermostat housing. I now see why; ithe thermostat project a long way from the face of the housing meaning lots of wriggling and bending of steel pipe etc. On a previous R75 avoided taking the thermostat housing off the water pump when engine temp stayed low by putting in an in line one. I am going to do the same again and as the projecting thermostat on the housing isnt needed have removed it and the plastic clips that are part of the housing so the face of the housing is flush with the gasket. Now it slides into place and the steel pipe and O ring go into position without bending of the pipe, shedding blood and skin, generating blue air, etc.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 00:25   #22
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

old post but i recently found a leak on my diesel and sure enough it was the O ring on the metal coolant pipe going to the thermostat housing.
What a pig of a job, ended up changing the water pump as well just to get access to the pipe to fit into the thermo housing.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 06:38   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I cant recall how this ended but I did not replace water pump or anything in that area but I cant recall what I did do

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote